• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Newby question here needing axle info

Rolandkirkes

I have a set of 3/4 ton 2010 dodge axles. Thinking about putting under a Cherokee for a winter trail rig. Can anyone tell me what they are cause they look really beefy but they don't look like a 60 or 70. And if they ate strong or junk? What kind of lockers are made for them etc. thanks in advance.

If it's a diesel, it's an AAM 11.5" rear axle and AAM 9.5" front.

That rear axle is super overkill and will hang up on every piece of gravel on a trial unless you run a 54". Lol. Super beef though.

I know everybody's friend bat mobile will runs or did run that front axle. Plenty strong for a trail rig

You can just search the popular gear websites with the info I put at the top and find locker options.

I looked them up online and that's what they are is an 11.5 and a 9.5. How strong are they compared to a 60 or a 70?

They seem to handle a 43" sticky pretty well with a small block foot to the floor with RCVs. I think Will broke plenty of stubs etc.

They for sure can't handle a 42" red. So don't even think about it. . . . . .

LightBnDr said:
They seem to handle a 43" sticky pretty well with a small block foot to the floor with RCVs. I think Will broke plenty of stubs etc.

They for sure can't handle a 42" red. So don't even think about it. . . . . .

This guy and his 42 reds :rolf:

Rolandkirkes
Sorry for the derail- we obviously know each other and like to poke at each other.
Those are good axles for a trail/crawling rig. I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

Welcome to HL!!

LightBnDr said:
O M G !!!!

Holy cow where's the freakin heart-with-an-arrow emoji ?!?

Hahaha haha!!!! They should give you a set of 42s, I've never had a set but you definitely have defended them!!!! :****: :dblthumb:

Rolandkirkes said:
I have a set of 3/4 ton 2010 dodge axles. Thinking about putting under a Cherokee for a winter trail rig. Can anyone tell me what they are cause they look really beefy but they don't look like a 60 or 70. And if they ate strong or junk? What kind of lockers are made for them etc. thanks in advance.

In "Dana" terms, think super duty 50 front, 80 rear.

poolman said:
Hahaha haha!!!! They should give you a set of 42s, I've never had a set but you definitely have defended them!!!! :****: :dblthumb:
I AGREE !!! Surely Cole, (no backwards pun intended) would donate a set to my cause being that they are throw away tyras