• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Night riding lights

Looking for ideas for night riding light ideas for Jeep tj
Thanks
Justin
I'm not sure exactly which LED rock lights @The Luke bought for his XJ but they are super bright and package well.

If you had the distance, adding the cube lights would put out a ton of lighting but may be hard to package.

Last edited:
Have 6 of these on my buggy since 2012. Two as headlights and four as rocklights. They are cheap at under $10 per light and have never failed.

B55CD1B6-3762-4207-ACAD-8B6196A8504A.png

not sure why, but it wouldn't let me type any text on my last post.

Regardless, see picture above. I run those. One mounted near the firewall/A pillar area on each side and two bolted under the back seat aimed in an X toward the rear brakes.

not sure why, but it wouldn't let me type any text on my last post.

Regardless, see picture above. I run those. One mounted near the firewall/A pillar area on each side and two bolted under the back seat aimed in an X toward the rear brakes.
I was talking about the tiny button style round ones like you got for me.

Attachments

• FC853BDB-9BE8-4A53-B485-60426AE01385.png
    FC853BDB-9BE8-4A53-B485-60426AE01385.png
    145.3 KB · Views: 110
I had several of those little button lights on the Gremlin, I liked them for underbody/rock lights. Not too bright like a lot of the larger lights can be (because you're only shining 2-3 ft down to the ground...). Also had some strings of the little potted board LED emitters down the frame on each side.

To me this is the best way to go 4-5 under any rig in the right spots and your ready. Them little ones are ok for some spots but they don't like pressure washing and the little tiny wires are just now real off-road friendly. You can use just these at night along with park lights and it helps the people around you that may be spotting for you or helping winch that there not blinded by your upper lights

To me this is the best way to go 4-5 under any rig in the right spots and your ready. Them little ones are ok for some spots but they don't like pressure washing and the little tiny wires are just now real off-road friendly. You can use just these at night along with park lights and it helps the people around you that may be spotting for you or helping winch that there not blinded by your upper lights
Plus the 4 pack of cube lights are cheap enough that if you somehow destroy one light they aren't going to break the bank to replace it.

I run those same cube lights as well, have been for 5 years. 1 on each corner and another pair for headlights. They've held up just fine to the pressure washing. They're super bright. So much that when I encounter oncoming traffic, I'll kill the headlights and can still see fine with the rock lights.

Latest posts