• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nitto or Toyo ?? or something Else.

dwa2469

22RTE Buggy,LC Axles,39 reds
Going to put new tires on my tow rig this weekend, currently running 265/75 R20 Toyo Open Country A/T, I am thinking of going to a something from Nitto. What do you guys recommend? or should I stay with the Toyo. I like the Open Country , just thinking of switching.

I've run 3 sets of the original Nitto Terra Grappler a 265/75-16, 285/65-18 and a 325/60-20 got 50k + miles on the 16s, 30k on the 18s and only put 20k on the 20s. Sold the 2 trucks with the 18s and 20s bit had plenty of tread left. Great tires never had any issues handled great in any weather and wore even on all 3 trucks. The g2 is similar in looks but haven't run a set yet. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another set of nittos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got a set of Ridge Grapplers on a dually that are wearing well...also extremely quiet. I just bought a F-250 with a set of new Toyo M/T's and I only ran them 2 dasy and called and got me a set of Ridge Grapplers for that truck also. I love them so far.

In my opinion, Nitto is the only way to go. I'm currently on my fourth set. The first two sets were Terra Grapplers, the third set was the Dura Grappler, and most recently I went with a set of the new G2 Terra Grapplers. On my 2500HD, they wear evenly and I get plenty of life out of them. I've put about 55k miles on each set, and I'm not one to run tires until they're bald. At this point, I have no reason to go with any other tire brand on my truck.

waggener1 said:
In my opinion, Nitto is the only way to go. I'm currently on my fourth set. The first two sets were Terra Grapplers, the third set was the Dura Grappler, and most recently I went with a set of the new G2 Terra Grapplers. On my 2500HD, they wear evenly and I get plenty of life out of them. I've put about 55k miles on each set, and I'm not one to run tires until they're bald. At this point, I have no reason to go with any other tire brand on my truck.

Do you think the Ridge Grapplers would be good

I have bought 3 sets of 37 inch Nitto Trail grapplers, one set of 40 inch Trail Graps, and one set of 35 inch Trail Grapplers. I cannot speculate on the Toyos but i have had great luck with all the Nitto's. My 2500 has 37's with around 12k miles on them and they barely look warn.

Attachments

• dodge.png
    dodge.png
    925 KB · Views: 628
dwa2469 said:
Do you think the Ridge Grapplers would be good

I don't have first hand experience with the Ridge Grappler, but based on my experience with Nitto tires in general, I wouldn't hesitate to try out a set.

waggener1 said:
I don't have first hand experience with the Ridge Grappler, but based on my experience with Nitto tires in general, I wouldn't hesitate to try out a set.
.thumb.gif thanks

cgodfrey said:
I have bought 3 sets of 37 inch Nitto Trail grapplers, one set of 40 inch Trail Graps, and one set of 35 inch Trail Grapplers. I cannot speculate on the Toyos but i have had great luck with all the Nitto's. My 2500 has 37's with around 12k miles on them and they barely look warn.

good looking 2nd gen thumb.gif

Waffle said:
I'll never use nittos again. From my car to my 2500hd tow rig I had 3 sets of Nitto's develop deep dry rot cracking inbetween the blocks and all around the shoulders after 2 yrs. No set had more than 20k when this happened. My last set of Nitto HT's had one develop a bubble below the tread on the front, on the way back from Harlan. Scary!

I have about 50k currently on my Toyo AT2's and still going strong. No cracking and very even wear. I'll probably go back to Transforce AT's when these are done for even more mileage and better snow grip (compared to my friends who own them). I have to snowplow in 4wd, always. My frinds can do half of our lots in 2wd with the Firestone transforce. Btw, we're all locked in the back.
. I had a set of Nitto's that was about 3 years old and maybe 25k miles, they were so dry rotted and cracking, I pulled them off, I will get a pic of them tomorrow.

I had Toyo mts on my last cummins, got around 50k on both sets, the one I have now has the Toyo RT's, not sure how they will last. They are probably around 25k and still look good.

If you want to stay with Toyo, you can try the Open Country R/T, sweet looking tire.

I'm a Nitto fan, had a set of Trail Grapplers on my old FJ Cruiser, but only put 6k miles on them before selling. They were the smoothest quietest M/T I've ever had. I've got several friends that has easily gotten 50k miles out of Trail Grapplers too. I'm got the G2 Terra Grapplers on my currect half ton, and they were on it when I got it. They were about half tread and I've put somewhere around 12k more miles on them and they still have decent tread left.

I like the Ridge Grapplers, I wouldn't be afraid to run them at all, especially at their price point compared to some of other hybrid tires like the Toyo R/T, Goodyear Duratrac, etc.

I've been around a lot of sets of Nittos regularly, and never seen or heard of, or even read about a dry rot issue with them. That's crazy, not saying it isn't true, just saying it's crazy that I have not known about that already. I'd say that's a rare issue maybe?

The Nitto MT on my 4runner have micro dry rot cracking all in between the treads.

FWIW the 3 sets of michelins I ran on my Duramax did the same thing and I got 70-90K out of all 3 sets.

I'm a fan of both tires. I personally run toyo. I've had several sets. You should try the toyo CT or toyo RT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody ran the Toyo AT II.

I need a set this week and leaning towards those

I run the Toyo AT 2 Extremes on my 250, I really like them and they have had good tread life. Look good to.

Latest posts