• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nitto or Toyo ?? or something Else.

J.A.B said:
Anybody ran the Toyo AT II.

I need a set this week and leaning towards those

That is what I am replacing, and more than likely, stay with them. They ride good and are not too loud and you can easily get over 50k on them. I was thinking about a change, but, probably gonna go back with the AT2

J.A.B said:
Anybody ran the Toyo AT II.

I need a set this week and leaning towards those

I run them on my 2015 2500 Dodge. 35's that see frequent towing duty between 10k and 15k. I have about 25k on them now and expect to see 35k out of them easily. Not the coolest tire in the world or anything but they get the job done and wear nicely.

I just put Nitto's on my truck, the absolute worst tire I have ever put on a truck...terrible road manners. I will have a set of Nitto 295/70/17 AT's with 2,000 miles on them for sale next week when I get home.

Re: Re: Nitto or Toyo ?? or something Else.

Dwalk said:
I just put Nitto's on my truck, the absolute worst tire I have ever put on a truck...terrible road manners. I will have a set of Nitto 295/70/17 AT's with 2,000 miles on them for sale next week when I get home.
What is the name of the tire? They dont make one called an AT. That is the size I am looking for

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Nitto or Toyo ?? or something Else.

TacomaJD said:
What is the name of the tire? They dont make one called an AT. That is the size I am looking for

Terra Grappler

Attachments

• Nitto_TerraGrappler_lg_super.jpg
    Nitto_TerraGrappler_lg_super.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 86
Re:

Aw hell, was hoping you'd say Ridge Grappler.

Got those on my truck in 285 70 17, drives perfect. Tires probably have 30k+ miles on them. I'd buy em again but want something more aggressive next time.

Ive had both toyo and nitto tires on my tow rigs. Never had an issue with any of them. My first set of Nittos were on my truck for 4 years before I wore them out and never developed any deep dry rot like has been described above.

Toyo AT2
Nitto Dune Grappler
Nitto Ridge Grappler
Cooper STT pro was a good tire too. Just more aggressive than I wanted.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Aw hell, was hoping you'd say Ridge Grappler.

Got those on my truck in 285 70 17, drives perfect. Tires probably have 30k+ miles on them. I'd buy em again but want something more aggressive next time.

I just bought what they had in stock, I'm goinf back to a Highway tire...I travel way to much for tire like these, the roaring and shitty ride deem them junk for me.

Roaring?! Are you sure you have Terra Grapplers?! Haha. I dont hear anything out of mine, that's crazy.

Here's how mine look, and they are still super quiet. And they ride like any other 10 ply tire I have had.

4fdcf4ec349dd23fcb797e2e8244f96d.jpg

Nitto! I have ran a few sets of Terra Grapplers with great results. Currently have them on my GFs tahoe. I run Ridge Grapplers on my Duramax single wheel and run Dura Grapplers on my Duramax dually. They have all been great so far. The Nittos are quiet unless they wear funny. The Ridge Grapplers are quiet at first but get some noise as they wear. Nitto is all I will buy in the future.

TacomaJD said:
Roaring?! Are you sure you have Terra Grapplers?! Haha. I dont hear anything out of mine, that's crazy.

Here's how mine look, and they are still super quiet. And they ride like any other 10 ply tire I have had.

4fdcf4ec349dd23fcb797e2e8244f96d.jpg

Not a loud roar but enough noise to get on my nerves...85% of my driving is at highway speeds. Tires are good at 45-55mph but 65+ is where they are ****. The worn out Michelins that I replaced was a much better tire..never again will I buy a Nitto,

I been running nittos on my super duty, not real sure on miles but they're about 5 years old and they are starting to get real fine cracks, they are wearing great and are almost wore out, real quiet too, if Tapatalk was working I'd post a pic

I had a set of terra grapplers on a 2500HD that had an odd howl that sounded like a bearing going out. We tore into it and all the bearings looked good (not my dumb ass, I had EOR look - I just pulled the cover) all looked good. I sold the truck to one of my subs at a discount because I believed it had something going out in the rear end. Two years later he put new tires on and the sound went away. Beyond that, I never cared for how they handled. I stopped on the way home from the tire shop when they were brand new to see if they mistakenly sold me load range Ds or had too much air. Just felt wrong.

Last truck had BFG AT2s or whatever the redesign is. Loved those tires but the wear was disappointing. I attribute that to needing the whole front end rebuilt under a 200k mile 1500hd.

Interested in the comments here, new truck has work truck tires and I can't wait to upgrade.

Re:

I've read elsewhere about the BFG KO2's not last very well too. But to me, the KO1's were kinda the same way. It's like they wore quickly to half tread, then wore like iron from there on out. I had a set of KO1 285's on a 98 reg cab Z71 back in the day. Never cared for em much more after that.

Latest posts