• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nitto or Toyo ?? or something Else.

Love my KO2's, but I agree they are not lasting like other BFG tires I have owned. They are on a Ram 3500 4x4 dually. I was figuring it was just because of the wide tire and skinny wheel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Waffle said:
Though I've never tried them, I've heard over the years that the Michelin ltx ms was the king of daily driver hwy tires. 80k+ miles on a 2500hd was typical and smooth as silk rolling down the road and over bumps, even when towing. Don't think they like wet grass though.
But, some of y'all need more offroad friendly so those might not quite cut it. One tire that was known to handle the offroad stuff and wear like iron was the Toyo M55. It was a great commercial use tire. They still make it, but it comes with a rough ride over bumps.
I myself never cared about how cool a tire looks.

Dad has ran 6-8 sets of 265/75-16 load range E LTX MS on his duramaxes. gets 80-90K per set (usually 1 set per year)

TBItoy said:
Dad has ran 6-8 sets of 265/75-16 load range E LTX MS on his duramaxes. gets 80-90K per set (usually 1 set per year)

I'm sure I'm not the first to wish Michelin would offer an all terrain. I remember a local tire shop having one on display from a Tacoma and it had over 130k miles still had plenty of usable tread.

Markrobinson said:
I'm sure I'm not the first to wish Michelin would offer an all terrain. I remember a local tire shop having one on display from a Tacoma and it had over 130k miles still had plenty of usable tread.

I think the tread design of the ltx has a bunch to with the longevity.

Re: Re: Nitto or Toyo ?? or something Else.

TBItoy said:
I had several sets of them on a duramax dually and previous Ford dually. Did good to get 25k rear and 30k front. Last set Michelin actually prorated for wear since they claim high mileage. After that set wore the same they pretty much told me to pound sand.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Markrobinson said:

Michelin does offer an all-terrain. I had a set on the back of a 2wd dually, they worked pretty well. They're not as aggressive or fancy as some of the other A/T's mentioned here, but it is a good tire.

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/michelin-ltx-a-t-2/p/34860?cid=98746fdf-bb49-4c69-9f19-d4eba472f7c5&gclid=CjwKCAiArOnUBRBJEiwAX0rG_bPaKgP06gxxg6eeRjN4w-auOe1kkYRr0vKye5r6qLkq2ngdmwdbMRoC28EQAvD_BwE

Ended up good going with Open Country At2 happy so far
dc2f1e300901f2820372cc6c51d8c8eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk