• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Not selling it to you goobs

On my non AC squares from the 70's, they had the vents down in the kickpanel that open by the park brake release, this 81 up cab have those? If you're hot and sweaty and doing 65 on the highway they will blow the hot right off you, 10x the cooling effect of a wing vent without all the wind noise in the ear. It will also let you know how much dust you have on the floor.

The bones are there to make a real nice truck, i think you could ask around 2500 for it no problem if it runs and drives as is, but most will want to motor swap anyway.

If you do facebook there are a few dedicated square body pages that will love a truck thats rust free and clean body. some will drive a good distance to get it.

Re: Re: Not selling it to you goobs

matth_85 said:
I think they did the antenna in the windshield in 86.
Not one there either, but good looking out. I forgot about those. Expensive to replace and not a good signal.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Not selling it to you goobs

blacksheep10 said:
On my non AC squares from the 70's, they had the vents down in the kickpanel that open by the park brake release, this 81 up cab have those? If you're hot and sweaty and doing 65 on the highway they will blow the hot right off you, 10x the cooling effect of a wing vent without all the wind noise in the ear. It will also let you know how much dust you have on the floor.
Yep. It's got the side vents and they do work better than the vent windows.

Did it's first burnout and two donuts. I may get some video this evening before the cops show up.

TBItoy said:
what year did they swap from the I6 to the 4.3?

my boss has a truck just like this, maybe an 82-83 with an I6/700r4
That's where I was too, old boss had a mid 80's with the I6. What a ****ing turd, but with a glasspack it was hilarious to drive around in and stomp it so it kicked down and sounded like a pissed off bumblebee

'85 was the first year for the 4.3, if I remember right. That truck does have options, or at least 1 that I see...the automatic. You could still get the 3 on the tree in those years. :driving:

My wife's step-grandpa has this 82 out behind the barn. Overall it's solid considering it's been sitting out in the weather. A cow kicked the passenger door and dented it. But it's mine whenever I feel like dragging it onto a trailer. It's got the i6. My plan was to holler at pholmann and snag one them fancy ls motors for it.
6cd3734a6cf63c65e4c6ff88a1cfba68.jpg
503957e8f5064724f1445e604071b548.jpg

Re:

I love window stickers and/or build sheets. They just add to the coolness when you rip out the anemic parts and toss a flame breathing LS in there :)

Re:

The only one I want is my grandfather's S10. It was sold out from under me and I have been stalking it since 2002. I am currently unaware of its whereabouts, but will eventually buy it.

Latest posts