• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Note 91" Bouncer build

nhl_bullitt

Southern IL/MO
Thought I'd fire up a thread. I'm diving in head first here. Not much to post yet, but that should change very quickly. Budget bouncer compared to the standards these days though.

I made the long haul to Alabama on July 18 to pickup a new chassis from Justin Holt at Reject Fab . Big thanks to him and he is always quick to answer questions I might have. thumb.gif

Specs:
Reject Fab chassis
Rebuilt TBI 350 with mild cam
Rebuilt 700r4 K case with big sun shell, upgraded servo, 2200 converter, etc.
NP241c w/ JB 1350 sye flange
Kingpin Ford 60 5.13s Full Spool
Sterling 10.25 5.13s Welded
Fox 2.0 Coilovers / 2.5 Air shocks
Wilwood mastercylinders
PSC steering
39 Reds
118" wb

Stripping down the axles of stuff you welded on is a lot worse than removing factory brackets. :****:

Of course parts are coming in daily it seems. Money, money....

I'm already digging the stance.
thumb.gif In for updates.

Where you from? I've been in southern mo and il all summer working.

zukimaster said:
Make sure to throw in a pic of the girl here and there! :****:
Ha! Maybe. :spin:

throttlejunkie said:
Man I bet that was tough taring down your other rig.!
Bittersweet. You custom make the entire rig "bolt-on" personally, then it comes apart so quickly. It sold in less than 48 hours. :'( On to the next step though! loller.gif

Eddyj said:
I'm already digging the stance.
thumb.gif In for updates.

Where you from? I've been in southern mo and il all summer working.
Thanks man! That should be the ride height and wheelbase in the pics. Live in Waterloo, IL, work out of Oakville, MO.

Eddyj said:
What does "note 91" stand for?

It is a tip of the cap to one of my other passions.

So I had planned on whipping up a rear truss and getting the 4 link all tacked in place. I spent too much time drilling the brackets with some less than ideal bits ::) , and then realized I need some more DOM for the uppers. What I had is not long enough.

Bleed blue?
Personally I would have went 16 or 31,but maybe that's before your time.

Looks good man keep it up. As someone who just finished a budget build, try to do it right the first time even if it means taking a little longer. Everything I cut corners on to finish it, make me look back and say "what the hell was I thinking?"

Question regarding front, lower link axle mounts. So the existing axle mounts do not face directly towards where I want the frame mount to be. It is a 1.25 heim that will be there. I placed a link I had in it and mocked it up to the frame. The heim is no where near being maxed out. Not even close.
The reason I bring it up:
-since I did not have a bunch of axle tube to work with on the driver's side, I have the link mount integrated into the casting in a strong, clever manner. The bump stop pad is part of it as well and will work with this chassis too.
Metal is metal and it can be re-done, but it is a little more complex there than any other axle location.

How big of a concern is that?

Looking good, but definitely hate I never got to see the other one before it was taken apart. Looking forward to seeing this one come together too though.

Wanna get rid of those krawlers and get some bouncer tires?

nhl_bullitt said:
It is a tip of the cap to one of my other passions, hockey. Specifically the St. Louis Blues who are nick named "The Note" . 91 is the number of the elite Russian on the team.

Yeah, but how about those Preds? :woot: :flipoff1:

Seriously though, I like where this is going. Good parts list, good chassis, this thing should climb like a mule. :dblthumb:

Eddyj said:
Bleed blue?
Personally I would have went 16 or 31,but maybe that's before your time.

Looks good man keep it up. As someone who just finished a budget build, try to do it right the first time even if it means taking a little longer. Everything I cut corners on to finish it, make me look back and say "what the hell was I thinking?"
I was around those days, young though. When I was 5 I had to have a mullet like Brett Hull. Lol Thanks for the tip sir. Any advice is appreciated along the way.

clemsonjeep said:
Looking good, but definitely hate I never got to see the other one before it was taken apart. Looking forward to seeing this one come together too though.

Wanna get rid of those krawlers and get some bouncer tires?
Thanks man!
Are you saying you want the Reds? Idk, I've been pretty happy with them. Don't have the dolla dolla bill to buy brand new sticky 43s at the moment. Sometime I consider a good ol set of 42 tsl's.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Yeah, but how about those Preds? :woot: :flipoff1:

Seriously though, I like where this is going. Good parts list, good chassis, this thing should climb like a mule. :dblthumb:
Hey, I'm down with the Preds. Great team. 8)

....and thanks! I just want to keep working on it, but I'm obligated to show up to my job as well.

This thing is going to be awesome Zach.Can't wait to see it finished.And I think I know a place you can bring it for the break in run.When the time comes :popcorn: hitit

Re:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one running a 700/241 combo. Gonna be cool to watch this one. You did a heck or a job on that last rig so it'll be cool to see what ya can do with this one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nhl_bullitt said:
Question regarding front, lower link axle mounts. So the existing axle mounts do not face directly towards where I want the frame mount to be. It is a 1.25 heim that will be there. I placed a link I had in it and mocked it up to the frame. The heim is no where near being maxed out. Not even close.
The reason I bring it up:
-since I did not have a bunch of axle tube to work with on the driver's side, I have the link mount integrated into the casting in a strong, clever manner. The bump stop pad is part of it as well and will work with this chassis too.
Metal is metal and it can be re-done, but it is a little more complex there than any other axle location.

How big of a concern is that?

Don't do it. I'm sure it will not hurt a thing but after its done you will always look at it and wonder why you didn't fix it while you had it all apart. Post a pic of it and dudes on here will come up with lots of good ideas how to fix it that you might not think of.

FullThrottle89 said:
Looking good. Look forward to seeing this thing done! I'm still here for any questions you come about. :dblthumb: thumb.gif
Thanks a lot man! Hopefully our paths will cross and we can do some riding when it is done.

MoonlightRacing77 said:
This thing is going to be awesome Zach.Can't wait to see it finished.And I think I know a place you can bring it for the break in run.When the time comes :popcorn: hitit
Thanks Austin! I'd say there is a spectacular chance I head to Moonlight for the first outing. 8) Speaking of, I need to get the Cherokee out there, but still have some skid plate work to do. I'm too amped on this build though and don't want to stop moving forward. :spin: