• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

NP205

C

Cole

Where is the best place to order a 32 spline input and a bearing from. I am converting my transfercase so that I can run a 400.
Need to order today or tomorrow.

how much for your 350 turbo i might need a spare. i thought it came with the motor ;D

HAHA, I am gonna sale it, just not sure for how much yet. It is getting rebuilt right now and its reverse manual valve body, and it has a TH 400 Converter. Let me talk to a couple of buddies and see.

I got mine for $128 apiece from the guy on ebay that sells 400/205 cases that are freshly rebuilt and gray for $595 buy it now. he is a good guy, mark is his name. I have 4 of them is you are in a pinch and want me to overnight or something. how much you getting your case bored for?

My buddy is boring my case for free. You wana sale one of yours? Is it short input, because thats the one I need. Does it include the new bearing and seal? Let me know, you wouldn't have a thin spacer to mount the 400 to the 205 would you?

Mine came bearing and input. I didn't get a new seal, on the fig 8 205 (short input) the seal is in the adapter. on the circle 6 205's (fords and later gm's) the seal is on a retainer on the front of the case. I would sell you a bearing and input for $135 (have to go to the post office, that's gas and packaging) plus actual shipping. will give you the receipt.
on teh short adapter, you would need a short output 400, meaning one off of a 203. only came in 76-79, then you would have to have an apapter made of 2 1/2" plates and a little tube. this would give you the correct length and the option to clock it. I don't see why someone that could use a mill to bore the face of a case couldn't do an adapter plate. if they are doing the case with a fly cutter and not an indexing table I could see it, but if they have an indexing table or a big lathe (how I do it) you can make a plate easily. I blueprint the hole on the plate by making the centering boss on the lathe, putting it on the case with come center punches (more on that later) and hit it with a hammer to get your holes marked.
the center punches. you take the bolt that fits in the hole to be drilled (3/8" in this case) and put the threads in a drill. tighten and spin to to make sure its centered. cut the head off then go to the bench grinder and grind the other end to a point while spinning the drill at a high rate of speed. this makes sure its centered. the boss you lathed into the plate makes sure its centered on the case. you screw the little punches into the hole to be blueprinted until there is about 1/16" or less sticking out. you put the plate on the boss, take it down to the punch point and tap. voila, holes ready to be drilled. chuck up on indexing table if you want to make sure they are all on the same bolt circle to a T
no I don't have time to make one
on the input,

Ok thanks, I will let you know. I am gonna get my transfer case next week and see what pattern it is.
The 400 I am getting is a TCI 400 that was hooked to an atlas.
You completely lost me when you started talking about making the adapter.