• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

NP205 ??

Mr. leafspring

KUBOTA BUGGY
any NP205 GURU out there ??? front side falls out of low range when decelarting no problems under load jus when coasting . shift rail,slider ???any info would b appreciated :-\ :-\ :-\

I would verify that the shift fork is not bent, then check that the spring behind the shift fork is in good shape, same with the thrust washers. Sounds like it is not shifting fully into gear and as long as you are on the drive side of the gears it pulls into gear but when you hit the coast side of the gear it is able to drop it back off the gear and into neutral.

I put the adjustable detent screws in mine and before i had them adjusted properly it would pop out of gear when i let off at higher speeds, tightened them up a little and good to go so far.

It could be wear on the shift rails or maybe the springs that hold tension on the detent ball is fatigued..

google twin sticking a 205 for pics of the internals, 205's are pretty simple, theres only so many things that could be wrong and 99% can be fixed easily

Mine did the same thing. The problem started when I modified the plug that holds the spring and detent ball for the shift rail in. When I put a different plug in that put more pressure on the detent ball the problem was solved. I would check this before anything else. May just need a new spring.