• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

NYC Info

money_pit_yj

So my wife and I cashed in all out bitcoins and are going to NYC in a few weeks. We get there Wednesday morning and leave Sunday. Our hotel is dead center of Manhattan close to Central park and Time Square. Any suggestions on things to do, places to eat, things not to do, etc... We are not show people so we ain't going to broadway. :fish:

Ellis Island is cheap and an absolute MUST do. Take extra clothes for the Ferry ride. China town is cool to see. The Empire State Building in its vertigo inducing glory is worth going to for the view. I'll think of more. Gimme a minute.

I ate at Jack Dempsey's steak house. It's right around the empire State building, it just a little whole in the wall, but pretty good. My wife got a cupcake from the cake boss TV show place. It on times square I believe. She said it was amazing. Other than that we went to ground zero, and went and seen where they are building the new towers.

My little brother lived in Manhattan for 20 years. His advice to me me when I went to see him is.... Don't look up at the buildings, don't make eye contact, don't talk to people and never look lost..... Anyone of those things make you a target.
Hide your money or cards, don't carry a wallet tell your wife no purse, takes taxis after dark.....And most important, be aware of your surroundings.

I haven't been to that city in 15 years and have no plans of ever going back.

Looks and sounds miserable to me. Some of my wife's family is up there right now...I think if you googled "NYC Christmas tourist" then that is exactly what they are planning to do

Good luck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know everyone is different, but that would be torture to me! I hate crowds, my idea of a great time would be a small island somewhere sitting in a chair.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

zukimaster said:
I know everyone is different, but that would be torture to me! I hate crowds, my idea of a great time would be a small island somewhere sitting in a chair.

Same here an prob save some money to

zukimaster said:

X100

1) Walk around "The High Line". Good views
2) Chelsea Market. Good food and misc. things to do.
3) "Please don't tell" and yes it's the name of the place. It's a "speakeasy" kind a place you enter through a phone booth in a hot dog joint. Pretty cool.
4) Joya is a good restaurant.
5) Market Street has some good restaurants too.
6) Madame Tussaud's is a wax museum. Sounds cheesy but is pretty amazing!

There's you a few things!

I've been through nyc 3 or 4 times and my absolute favorite thing to do there is get the hell out....
I can't imagine going there by choice.

I don't much care to go back. I was working about an hour away in New Jersey at the time. So I had to at least go, to say I had been there.

Boy guys I appreciate the heads up. I canceled our trip. We are now going to Branson and spending three nights at the Motel 6 and going to Dixie Stampede. Glad you guys saved me from going to that horrible place!!!! I hope they take bitcoins at Silver Ddollar City! You can always trusts hardline to keep you safe and informed, thanks for the help guys!!! :rolf:

Part of me has always wanted to go and see it but part of me despises the thought. I hate crowds so probably not the place for me.

money_pit_yj said:
Boy guys I appreciate the heads up. I canceled our trip. We are now going to Branson and spending three nights at the Motel 6 and going to Dixie Stampede. Glad you guys saved me from going to that horrible place!!!! I hope they take bitcoins at Silver Ddollar City! You can always trusts hardline to keep you safe and informed, thanks for the help guys!!! :rolf:

Good move.... It's going to be 7 degrees New Years night with snow predicted for both Sat and Mon.

Latest posts