• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Obd2 gauge monitor

jccarter1

Has anyone tried to setup a gauge cluster/monitor using obd2 port???
Looked at a few different products haven't really found exactly what I am looking for, I would like to find a obd2 plug in that would feed a lcd screen or small tablet and give different gauge options so I could use that as my gauge cluster. Just figured it would make wiring cleaner and use the factory sensors the motor would be ls swap and I figured I would save the obd2 plug anyways. The only thing I have found that is close is the CTS insight and the only problem I have with it is it really isn't made for outdoor use the only gauges I really would care to use would be rpm,oil pressure, water temp and voltage

Google OBD2 bluetooth dongle. Im using one as a on the go code/device test. You use it via bluetooth to your android phone or table. Works well. My concern would be tablet vrs the elements offroad.

I looked into the Bluetooth ones the problems I read were the refresh rates were slow also I am being picky but it would be nice if it was powered off of the obd2 port that way I can make it come on with the switch and I don't have to run power for the tablet/monitor as far as a tablet being able to with stand elements I figured they are cheap enough and can get a good case to protect it and then just make a mount for the case

This is what the edge CTS insight looks like and I like it price is good just really worried about how the monitor will hold up and resist water,dust and mud

I'll be using an Android tablet with some sort of lifeproof type case using Torque pro as my gauges for my new buggy. It can read anything I want to read and I'm not limited to just 6 taking up a whole dash, even tells me GPS speed for any road driving I'll do.

Re:

I've thought about this same thing.

I have the Torque app. It's nothing fancy but would make a good basic gauge layout on a 9 or 10" tablet.

The durability is where my pursuit ended....and some lazyness.

I've been running a Dashdaq XL since 2011, holds up to mud and water very well.

Bump this topic up and looking for info. My buggy runs a 5.3 and th350 trans. I turned off all the trans codes using HP tuners.
Now I find myself setting up to mount a tablet and use my bluetooth OBD2 adapter for gauges and not just checking codes. Gauge setup is not hard at all using the TorquePro app.
Here is the kicker my LS ecu is setup to read trans temp for a 4l60E I just have the codes off. The 4l60E temp sender is enclosed in the pressure switch assembly.
I would like to find an temp sender that matches factory specs, mount in the TH350 wire to my ecu just like the 4l60E. Then I would be able to monitor trans temp via bluetooth and tablet.
I am struggling to find a sender at this point that matches specs.

Anyone know any good sources?

Attachments

• clt-resistance-graph.gif
    clt-resistance-graph.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 227
4l60e temp sensor Ohms at 68 degrees 3088-3942 ohms, at 212 degrees 159-198 ohms according to the repair manual.

01 Saturn sl1 trans temp sensor Ohms at 60 degrees 3900-4500, at 200 degrees 215-235 ohms

There's a thousand of those cars in pullapart to get the connector and sensor from. Put a T fitting on the line coming out of the trans going to the cooler.

grcthird said:
4l60e temp sensor Ohms at 68 degrees 3088-3942 ohms, at 212 degrees 159-198 ohms according to the repair manual.

01 Saturn sl1 trans temp sensor Ohms at 60 degrees 3900-4500, at 200 degrees 215-235 ohms

There's a thousand of those cars in pullapart to get the connector and sensor from. Put a T fitting on the line coming out of the trans going to the cooler.
Ha this made me think back to my old trade school instructor. When talking about temp sensors he said just don't forget. The hotter she is the less resistance she gives you! :cougar:

Well is anyone using a obd port wi-fi or bluetooth on an Ipad? I can not get any to work,but i computer stupid.