• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ohv park and beach

rockwhore

We are trying to go on a family adventure with our kids. Including an off-road park for a toyota buggy/ dirt bikes and then include so sunny beach time. We live in central Ky.
And would like to do it in a 3-4 day timeframe.
Anyone have any advice?

Hardrock in Ocala, FL. They have a section for rigs and the rest is a motorcross track for bikes. Then your only 1.5 hrs from Daytona Beach

Hardrock isnt bad at all for a day trip...maybe a little more, I guess it depends on the level of stuff you want to do. If you decide to come down this way, let me know. I am sure we could wrangle a few guys up to run down there....we are about an hour and a half from there.

Brian

Never 4x4'd HardRock, but in the nineties I used to race on my mtn bike there. GoneRidingRacePromotions. I always felt like it'd be a blast to get in a truck there.

I live in Gulf Breeze, FL. We have the Pensacola beaches here with the white sand and blue water. 1.5 hours away there is Boggs and Boulders. They have a rock area with lots of trail riding and some caves on premise that are fun for the kids to explore. I have the V8 rockwell buggy in my sig and can cover all the rock stuff in just a few hours of playing. But the trail riding and exploring with the kids is super-fun and why I really go. There is a good full day of riding / exploring / wheeling and then you can have a camp fire at night and have fun with that. They have cabins you can rent if you want to stay overnight. Then an hour east there is Destin and 2 hours east there is Panama City. If you come this way let me know and I'll come ride with you.

Didn't realize Destin was that close to Bogs and Boulders. May have to drag a rig down to the beach the next time I go for a week with the inlaws. Sometimes I need a vacation from a vacation.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Destin,+FL/Boggs+%26+Boulders+LLC,+20133+Brooklyn+Road,+Andalusia,+AL+36421/@30.839026,-87.1648656,9z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x88914379c940f4b7:0x17a48bdb46584c32!2m2!1d-86.4957833!2d30.3935337!1m5!1m1!1s0x8891ebc878009ce7:0x3ef2fcdf92736b3a!2m2!1d-86.750133!2d31.242918

If you go to Boggs expecting Grayrock and AOP caliber wheeling you'll be disappointed. But if you go ready to do some trail riding with some obstacles that are challenging enough to be fun then you'll be pleased. I personally really enjoy the sand pit they are always changing. Every time I go there are new hills, digs, lines, and ways to have fun. And the best part is you can practically yard sale off the top of a sand hill there and be fine since the landing is so soft. And while that's the best this area has to offer in terms of wheeling, the one good thing about it is the beaches. You can go to PC or Destin and do some wild party beach stuff or go to any of the areas between, enjoy the nation's most beautiful beaches, and just sit back in a lawn chair, drink some beer, and watch the kids run around and have fun.

Id stop at a park on the way to beach. You could stop at a park in AL or TN for a day then head to the beach in the panhandle. I wouldn't drive past a place like Choccolocco to wheel at Hardrock.

Re: Re: Ohv park and beach

jta said:
Id stop at a park on the way to beach. You could stop at a park in AL or TN for a day then head to the beach in the panhandle. I wouldn't drive past a place like Choccolocco to wheel at Hardrock.
X2 unless you're just trying to go somewhere you wouldn't normally go.

You could hit up Stoney Lonesome ORV Park in Cullman, AL on the way to the beach, plenty of trail ridin for a rig and dirtbike! booyang

Depending on what you are looking for, the trails/obstacles at Hard Rock are nothing compared to any of the parks in AL,TN, KY, but the motocross tracks are top of the line. Another option for great motocross tracks and light wheeling is Durhamtown Plantation in Georgia.