• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

One Ridiculous Trail Rig

That's a bad ass buggy and the owner is my hero. I'm not hating but that horsepower was a let down. I thought he said 1500 horse, I get that's crank power but no way that drivetrain and big whomper tars soaked up that much power, conservative tune? Awesome work guys

That's a bad ass buggy and the owner is my hero. I'm not hating but that horsepower was a let down. I thought he said 1500 horse, I get that's crank power but no way that drivetrain and big whomper tars soaked up that much power, conservative tune? Awesome work guys
[/QU

I've seen the transmission and transfer case take about 43% power away from the flywheel to the tires, 1100 hp dyno tuned motor only put little over 400 to the ground on 39" tires.

They can calculate by fuel consumption and other parameters on the computer to find crank horsepower pretty easily. The 1500hp rated fuel pump on this engine was not enough so we had to swap it out at the dyno shop for a bigger one. This is a very conservative tune and it still made more power on the dyno than Gold Rush and it has planetaries which rob even more power. This one is every bit of 1500hp at the crank and just like Gold Rush can make over 2000hp with a few small changes but they are set up to run for a long time not one pass down a drag strip.

They can calculate by fuel consumption and other parameters on the computer to find crank horsepower pretty easily. The 1500hp rated fuel pump on this engine was not enough so we had to swap it out at the dyno shop for a bigger one. This is a very conservative tune and it still made more power on the dyno than Gold Rush and it has planetaries which rob even more power. This one is every bit of 1500hp at the crank and just like Gold Rush can make over 2000hp with a few small changes but they are set up to run for a long time not one pass down a drag strip.
I didn't even consider the planetaries, thanks for explaining. They gonna have a beat down video? Love too hear and see that bad boy rip

That's why it doesnt matter what you put out at the crank it's what hits the ground.

:ROFLMAO:
in that case we all need to by running small manual transmissions and 29" street tires... for, you know, maximum power to the ground...

Good thing most people drive up hills and rocks instead of dyno-racing

I didn't even consider the planetaries, thanks for explaining. They gonna have a beat down video? Love too hear and see that bad boy rip
He whooped on it a bit on the track and some rocks at the end of this video. We hope to go film with him some more once he gets used to it and really starts putting it to the test.

Enjoyed the video and the new rig looks great. Those grooved tires look insane and it was pretty cool to see Lane fly in for a tuning session.

What color is the rig? The video mentioned purple in one part and mention blue in another. Or is it blurple?

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:
in that case we all need to by running small manual transmissions and 29" street tires... for, you know, maximum power to the ground...

Good thing most people drive up hills and rocks instead of dyno-racing

Someone said it best in the other thread, "it's like saying i have a 12" **** i'm just fat and hairy so it's only 3" you see" something like that anyway.

Enjoyed the video and the new rig looks great. Those grooved tires look insane and it was pretty cool to see Lane fly in for a tuning session.

What color is the rig? The video mentioned purple in one part and mention blue in another. Or is it blurple?
I think it is Illusion Purple or something like that. Looks Purple sometimes and Blue other times.

From what Texas Speed said my engine "should" make to what it put to the chassis dyno on 43 stickies, I lost 46%.

0ea97e89712c98fa1d7127d81f07bc4a.png

1624035345838.png

Latest posts