• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Opinions on yota axles vs 40s

Mine is slightly north of 2800 with tools and 5 gallons of gas and nobody in it.

Need to get it back on the scales when I wrap things up again.

Mine weighs 3580 full of fuel with me in it on built "one tons" i built the buggy with toyota axles but never weighed it. So it would have been a couple hundred lighter
22re auto and stock chain drive case 2.6:1 had 4:88's in toy axles. 39" reds. I was shearing all 12 of the drive flange studs and dial pins. Replaced all 12 with 3/8" fine thread bolts and from then on it would take a beating for a while. I constantly had to re tighten the backlash on the gear set. They were welded diffs with solid spacer. Also had a problem with a rcv inner breaking once. After that i went tons. They were very well built and took a beating for toy axles.

I run 39 reds on 8 inch axles. IFS width rear with stock shafts, welded, 4:30 gear 4 cyl. third. 4 linked on coil springs. Front has low pinion 4 cyl. third, 4:30 gear, welded, O.G. bobby longs, trunion bearing eliminators, ARB studs in the knuckles and hubs, chromoly hub gears in factory locks, high steer, leaf sprung with a panhard for better steering. Stock 5.0L, C-4, dual yota cases with stock gears and upgraded input and output shafts. Ive been running this setup for 4 years now so far so good. Broke one rear ring and pinion this spring. I call that acceptable breakage, even the Rockwell guys break **** occasionally. I drive it how I feel like, mostly crawl but I aint scared of the gas pedal if needed. 110 inch W.B. approx. 3000 lbs.

smbroady82 said:
Also, I think Zayne's rear engine rig had a toyota front end. Maybe he will chime in.

Me personally, I wouldn't run 40in treps on mini truck stuff, but that's just my 2c.
Yeah it did but with the supercharged 3.8 and the grooved tractor tires on the rear, the front tires didnt stay on the ground much so i think that helped it survive

Blase said:
I like this discussion! So in the interest of keeping it going......Guys running Toyota axles what do your rigs weight? Seems like they would be a lot lighter than a LS spidertrax axled buggy

Hahaha nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts