• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Optima Batteries

I have had a Die Hard Platinum AGM Grp65 since 2014. My Jeep has set for looooong periods of time. It has never given me an ounce of trouble. Unfortunately they stopped selling that line. Basically it was a re-branded Odyssey battery that was cheaper. Ill spend the coin on Odyssey for my next battery.

In my old CJ7 I had a Red Top that would constantly discharge if you looked at it funny. Rewired the entire Jeep front to back and fixed several of the bad connections/wiring/draws and it would still discharge despite having no parasitic draws. Was glad that battery went bye bye when the CJ7 sold. So I guess that one was built on a Friday afternoon (n).

Had another Red Top in the RzR that just sold and had zero issues out of that battery in 2+ years of ownership. RzR would sit for several weeks and fire up immediately. So I guess that one was build mid-morning on a Monday (y).

Juggy has a Northstar battery so I don't have these problems anymore :dblthumb:.

I have a blue top in my truck and it has been sitting since February, and started the truck right up last weekend.

I bought an Optima charger and have been adamant about hooking it up any time I let a battery sit for any length of time. It has been great and well worth the money. I haven't killed an optima since purchasing. Once it charges it switches over to a maintenance mode and keeps the battery healthy. You can hard wire in a jumper to the leads and have a simple quick connect if the battery is hard to reach.

I'd recommend the charger even if you switch brands.

I bought an Optima charger and have been adamant about hooking it up any time I let a battery sit for any length of time. It has been great and well worth the money. I haven't killed an optima since purchasing. Once it charges it switches over to a maintenance mode and keeps the battery healthy. You can hard wire in a jumper to the leads and have a simple quick connect if the battery is hard to reach.

I'd recommend the charger even if you switch brands.
Which one Daniel? There look to be a few different optima brand chargers.

Attachments

• 20201015_103302.jpg
    20201015_103302.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 198
I've had my blue top for about 2.5 years with no issues. I leave the switch on to run fans a lot to

Knock on wood but my optima says 05 on it.
I hope it never dies. I'd be ****ed trying to replace it with something that reliable.