• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Overtired Kick

paradisepwoffrd

Im not much of a build thread guy, mainly because I build at turtle speed, and change my mind daily. I figured I would throw up my zuk build since there were some others here that could offer advice.

I picked up a tracker a few years ago, and wheeled it basically stock. The plans were to build a cheap rig to ride with my buddies and their SxS. That didnt last long, and now Im trying to get back on the trails with the other part of my club.

Heres what it started as:
95 Tracker
1.6l 8v tbi
5spd
5.13s, welded
IFS front, 4 link rear
2" lift

standalone

standalone

standalone

That was basically were it stopped as far as the sxs route. I picked up a turbo for it, but havent installed it. It did well for what i wanted, but not really any better than just riding my atv.

Took it back into the shop and started hacking away.

So there's no turning back now. IFS has been cut out and the axle swap is beginning... Starting to wonder why i did just build a tube chassis haha.

crappy cell phone pics...

standalone

standalone

standalone

A list of the parts going into it:

- 609 front, spool, 6.50 gears
- 9" rear, spool, 6.50 gears
- 42" Iroks
- sami case with cradle, twin sticks, 4.9 gears
- full hydro w/ tc pump
- 4 link F&R w/ 14" COs front & 12" rear
- boatsides and more tube work
- LED lights & warn m8000 up front
- 40mm CV carb swap
- possible turbo setup

Got the front 4 link and tube work tacked in place. Was hoping to have it lower than in currently is, but not gonna happen without pushing the front axle out another 8"+. Still should fit out a 7' garage door at ride height.

Here are a few pics of it at full bump.

standalone

standalone

standalone

Rear is sitting under it, but still need to build the mounts and links. Right now the wb is planned to be ~110".

Got the rear 4link in place. Still need to do some work to brace the truss and strengthen up the rear axle.

standalone

standalone

Also had a friend cut out a header flange for me. Going to start mocking up and working on the turbo setup once this thing is rolling again.

Here is where it is today.

Rolled it out to get some pics. Put in some door bars, which will become the top of a boatside, and also have the seats mounted to them.

Currently sitting pretty close to ride height. Would like it lower, but its not too bad.

standalone

standalone

standalone

Re:

Thanks. I'm worried about it being heavy and not having enough power.

I'm thinking of leaving the the kick case in for a doubler, but not sure about rear driveshaft length.

rockcrawlersforsale said:
The sxs idea has always intrigued me so I was bummed when I saw the ifs cut off but it looks sick!

well with the 5spd and front engine, it didnt handle the jumps well, and took some time to get upto speed. If you look in some of the pics, the stock parts are all still there. I plan to build a single tube buggy with the IFS and rear zuk axle with a rear engine. Will likely be a ways off though.

rednecklights said:
Neat-I

Why the swap from pane to a carb ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I kinda keep asking myself the same question. Mainly, I want to stick a rear seat back in the rig at some point, and didnt like only riding with 1 tank. Also, I know that the turbo will likely find its way on at some point and didnt want to run a draw through setup. I do love the simplicity of propane, so it may find its way back on.

nhl_bullitt said:
It looks cool man! Nice work. Wheelspin could be an issue if you need it, but I guess you'll find out. 8)

We will find out. If it doesnt have enough power after the turbo, there is plenty of room for another engine.

Re: Re: Overtired Kick

crawler nut said:
Nice job Ben. Didn't know you were workin on it. thumb.gif
Thanks guys. It's been going slow with another baby on the way and no garage right now.

I'm hoping to have it on the trails this summer.

Latest posts