• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pedal Commander for 2500HD 6.0?

jwilson645

Any of you guys ever use one of these? I have a 2008 2500hd 6.0/6L80e with 178k on it and I HATE the delayed acceleration. I'm not certain if it's the DBW or if it's the VVT but when I mash it, I want it to go. I just changed the air filter, plugs, wires and cleaned the MAF hoping that would help but it doesn't.

Maybe getting it tuned would be better? Then maybe I could get the shift points changed up too because I'm not a fan of the trans either.

I'm open to suggestions. FWIW, I tow a 24' travel trailer with it on a regular basis.

From the mustang world, its better to just have a reputable tuner make your changes.

The pedal commander is more for lease type vehicles.

Just installed one from Soler Performance on my 2019 Corvette Grand Sport, and it made a huge difference! Throttle response is more like a well-tuned carb now.

I'm wondering if anyone makes a weather resistant version I could put on my LS3 powered buggy.

Thanks guys. I guess I need to talk to some local tuners then. This thing is completely stock and I loved it at first but then I started realizing I don't like some of these quirks.

No personal experience with them, but the Pedal Commander or other brands would "fix/mask" your acceleration issues but you'll still have the same shift points with the trans. Seeing reviews for Pedal Commander or other brands on YouTube etc, most people seem happy with them, but I'm always skeptical without having first hand (or reputable second hand) experience with them.

Last edited:
GM uses torque management programming in the ECU which causes the delayed acceleration. I have a 5.3/4L60 in a 2003 Silverado and got it tuned by a reputable tuner several years ago. The tuner firmed up my shift points and reduced the torque management and the difference it made was unbelievable.

I thought about getting one of those things for our 2015 JK w/manual tranny. That thing has such pedal lag at start up its ridiculous. And the motor is so damn quiet, you almost have to watch the tach to get started on a hill. I just hate to spend $300 to fix another one of Jeep Inc's **** ups.

I've been very happy with James Schofield. He's in Leeds, AL now.
DYI Offroad on instagram and facebook

Latest posts