• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics of your shops/garages/specs

customcj7 said:
Thanks guys,

It's a 40x30x14', with a 12x12 big door, and a 10 high x 16 wide main door.

Awesome! Looks very nice. Thats actually what size Im going with, but only 12' tall.

I got lucky, she let me build my shop before the house. 40x80 This was taken last year.
DSC_0520.jpg

But....shop is now storage until I get this done.
housebuild789.jpg

TBItoy and CustomCJ has some pimp spots! :****:

This is what mine will look like minus the windows (too easy for thieves to break in...no windows). Only one 10' wide x 8' tall rollup door on front wall along with a standard 3' entry door on front wall as well. About the same color vinyl siding and have not decided between metal or shingle roof. Kinda want it to match my house so I may go with shingles. Small, but will serve well for what I'll use it for....for a lil while at least.

garage-20x24b.jpg

Customcj7,

That shop is way too clean! I'm quite jealous of that setup, but would be afraid to dirty it up.

Gnorton,

Shop looks great and so does the house. I've already informed the lady friend that I could careless about the house, I just want a big shop/storage area. This thread has given me several ideas.

TacomaJD said:
TBItoy and CustomCJ has some pimp spots! :****:

This is what mine will look like minus the windows (too easy for thieves to break in...no windows). Only one 10' wide x 8' tall rollup door on front wall along with a standard 3' entry door on front wall as well. About the same color vinyl siding and have not decided between metal or shingle roof. Kinda want it to match my house so I may go with shingles. Small, but will serve well for what I'll use it for....for a lil while at least.

If you go with metal roofing, throw in a couple of pieces of the clear roofing so you get plenty of natural light in the shop. We closed in our back porch and put in some clear pieces and absolutely love having them.

Price difference on shingles vs metal on a building that size won't be much. I would go shingles. We built a metal 30x35 in the parking lot at dad's office, it is never quiet in there. Roof is always pinging when the sun comes out or goes behind clouds. Freaking LOUD when it rains. His shop at home is shingles and plywood deck and nowhere near as loud. :dblthumb:

grcthird said:
Price difference on shingles vs metal on a building that size won't be much. I would go shingles. We built a metal 30x35 in the parking lot at dad's office, it is never quiet in there. Roof is always pinging when the sun comes out or goes behind clouds. Freaking LOUD when it rains. His shop at home is shingles and plywood deck and nowhere near as loud. :dblthumb:

That's a good point. Kinda forgot how loud it is in there when raining. Also noticed that the metal tends to hold in more heat than shingles do.

ridered3 said:
Customcj7,

That shop is way too clean! I'm quite jealous of that setup, but would be afraid to dirty it up.

Thanks man,
I had just finished painting the interior walls, so it was sparse. It's much more filled now. And I do all kinds of work in there on my rig and boat.

Floor takes it like a champ, jacks, jack stands, parts dragging, etc. It's great to be able to move around and roll around on the floor. And it's easy as hell to clean when I spill which is all the time.

ridered3 said:
If you go with metal roofing, throw in a couple of pieces of the clear roofing so you get plenty of natural light in the shop. We closed in our back porch and put in some clear pieces and absolutely love having them.

Yea I was thinking about that idea earlier, if I go metal, I will for sure have a few strips of it....maybe only on the side less visible from the road so they don't stand out.

grcthird said:

I'd rather have a shingle roof if I were paying someone to do it, but since my one legged ass is gonna be framing it up and with the help of only one or two of my buddies, metal is alot more appealing to me at this point lol I can't squat, only bend over at the waist...hell I might just give one of my buddies a few extra cases of beer to do the whole roof so I ain't gotta **** with the risk of falling and breaking my other leg all over again lol

If you got a tall ceiling, or the rafters are open like the inside of my shop, an exhaust fan is a must. I NEED to put one in the gable of my shop to suck the heat out during the day. One of these days...

TBItoy said:
If you got a tall ceiling, or the rafters are open like the inside of my shop, an exhaust fan is a must. I NEED to put one in the gable of my shop to suck the heat out during the day. One of these days...

Thought about that also, my ceilings are only going to be 10' but I don't plan to close off the ceiling right off the bat and prolly won't in the future...so exhaust fan will more than likely make the list of **** to get when we start putting together the walls.

TacomaJD said:
Thought about that also, my ceilings are only going to be 10' but I don't plan to close off the ceiling right off the bat and prolly won't in the future...so exhaust fan will more than likely make the list of **** to get when we start putting together the walls.

Reinforce some trusses as well so you can use a pulley system to move things around in the shop. Years ago me and a few friends rented a 4 bay garage for storage and to work on the the 4x4's. Unfortunately none of the trusses/rafters were sturdy enough to use for much of anything. That equated to wasted space for sure. What I'd have given to have had some exhaust fans setup in there instead of cooling it off by opening the bay doors!

I already got that part figured out thumb.gif

Wish those wider rollup doors weren't so much more expensive than the 10' doors. Anything over 10' in width costs twice as much or more...I just can't justify the costs even though it would still be inside my budget. 4-6 extra feet of door width really won't be that much of a benefit me. Getting lawn mower and other **** out while the Taco is in teh shop will not be an issue bc all that will still be kept in the 10x12 storage building.

I know there's more of you fawkers with kickass shops, post up some more pics! I enjoy drooling over all them pimp man-pads! That one with the living quarters inside is the ****! If I ain't married before I'm 30, might have to invest in something like that :****:

30x80x16 an plans to put 23x80 across front an back wright after 3 two post lifts are in :dblthumb: have another shop at the house but wife made me build this one to get me away from the house ! so no plans to clean got 200 acres she stuck me in the corner just got septic in the ground so full bath on its way an when finish building blown insulation

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    976.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    941 KB · Views: 217
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    657.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG