• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics of your shops/garages/specs

BlackYJ said:
I FORGOT EVERYONE WHERES THEIR FEELINGS ON THERE SHOULDERS THESE DAYS! No jealousy or negativity at all. Bradley knows that we just like to bust each other's chops. I'm happy for Bradley, he has some sweet toys and toy boxes.

That's right Ol buddy I'm just tryin to get on Blevins level although it'll never happen lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of you ****ers used spray foam on your shops ? Did ya use open or closed cell? Was it worth the extra cost?

NTIDWELL said:
Any of you ****ers used spray foam on your shops ? Did ya use open or closed cell? Was it worth the extra cost?

My shops 40x60x16 and only has the thin double bubble stuff in it. Just bought the place in August. I recently had a spray foam place come out and quote doing my shop and I guess I should have done some research. First I didn't know there where options and also I had no clue how expensive it is.

pushrod-racing said:
My shops 40x60x16 and only has the thin double bubble stuff in it. Just bought the place in August. I recently had a spray foam place come out and quote doing my shop and I guess I should have done some research. First I didn't know there where options and also I had no clue how expensive it is.

How much did they quote you?

The bubble wrap **** is falling out of the ceiling of mine from UV exposure (welding), and I'm gonna have to do something because I no longer have a vapor barrier and it's starting to condensate on the inside and drip.

I'll probably end up pulling the damn roof off and rolling out the vinyl backed fiberglass.

7800-9000 for closed cell for walls on my 40x60x16
7800 for ceiling with open cell
They say if your not gonna tin/drywall/finish the inside then run the closed cell if you are gonna finish then open cell is fine

NTIDWELL said:
They say if your not gonna tin/drywall/finish the inside then run the closed cell if you are gonna finish then open cell is fine

holy ****.

Mine is at this stage now
d712fb9faf00620152f851599e775763.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I closed cell sprayed my 40x80 quonset building. 2'' on sides with 3'' towards the top. It cost me 15K. Now I need to install a door that actually seals up and is insulated.

AllGoNoShow said:
I closed cell sprayed my 40x80 quonset building. 2'' on sides with 3'' towards the top. It cost me 15K. Now I need to install a door that actually seals up and is insulated.
Watch for mold. When I had my 40x80 with R10 roll insulation and insulated doors built, mold started shortly after. I did not have a problem on my old 40x60 with R3 roll insulation. I added 2 dehumidifiers to eliminate the problem. The new one is much easier to heat though.

NTIDWELL said:
Visit Matt's home build thread.

Be VERY cautious about open cell foam on a metal roof along with finishing the inside with drywall or walls of any kind.

All metal roofs leak. No matter what. Standing seam, exposed fastener, hidden fastener.

The leaks come in different forms. Exposed fasteners that are on our metal shops literally leak after about 5-8 years or less. The rubber washers get too compressed during install and our buildings flex with heat and cold so the panels are always moving. Straight up leaks. Guaranteed

Then no matter what roof design metal condensates on the back side. 100% guaranteed.

Open cell foam is a sponge. Moisture of any kind is it's enemy.

Closed cell is what you need. Nothing else. I promise you man. Seriously look into it. Research the product like crazy before you drop 8k

TBItoy said:
How much did they quote you?

The bubble wrap **** is falling out of the ceiling of mine from UV exposure (welding), and I'm gonna have to do something because I no longer have a vapor barrier and it's starting to condensate on the inside and drip.

I'll probably end up pulling the damn roof off and rolling out the vinyl backed fiberglass.

9200.00 and I have to rip all the double bubble out

LightBnDr said:
Visit Matt's home build thread.

Be VERY cautious about open cell foam on a metal roof along with finishing the inside with drywall or walls of any kind.

All metal roofs leak. No matter what. Standing seam, exposed fastener, hidden fastener.

The leaks come in different forms. Exposed fasteners that are on our metal shops literally leak after about 5-8 years or less. The rubber washers get too compressed during install and our buildings flex with heat and cold so the panels are always moving. Straight up leaks. Guaranteed

Then no matter what roof design metal condensates on the back side. 100% guaranteed.

Open cell foam is a sponge. Moisture of any kind is it's enemy.

Closed cell is what you need. Nothing else. I promise you man. Seriously look into it. Research the product like crazy before you drop 8k

I've read this a few times and can't figure out if you're for spray foaming or not my thinking is closed cell foaming the walls and nu-wooling the ceiling

I think spray foam is super cool. It's a pretty stinkin amazing product. I sprayed about 4,000 sqft of open cell in my home build last week. Exterior walls and 100% of rooflines.

The only reason I chime in so hard on the subject is I have never built a home or shop before this year. So before I started and during the build of both I'm doing everything I can to educate myself on building practice and product knowledge.

I have been blown away to say the least with how little people know about what they are actually doing. As far as why they are doing it.

I sit down and get a bid from a white guy typically. Then he almost never shows up on site. It's a group of non English speaking guys that are purely trained to do a task. Not really knowing the effects of that task.

The same thing happens with some of my other subs. HVAC for example, my guy is awesome. We talked through the entire design for a couple months before.

Day of the install, 4 southern guys show up that he comments he doesn't know. Chuckles and they get busy. The guys move 100mph. When finished I get to see how hard they made it for my insulation guys. Duct work sucked up against west facing roof lines. The highest heat load in the house. When I ask my HVAC guy, he says "yeah I didn't understand why they did that either, it'll be fine man, promise"

I had to cut almost all of the ductwork down so when my insulation came in it didn't expand and restrict some of my supply ducts.

I know I'm rambling. Lol

Anyway, I think spray foam is an awesome product. Yes I am for it. You just have to be very careful about what you use and where you use it. The small details matter. I have learned that even the guys spraying it and designing HVAC around it really don't understand the effects of it.

It's quick and easy. Plain and simple

cbrjeeper said:
Holy crane .. are you building a zaxbys

Haha easiest way to set trusses

Building will be 40x80x16 with a 14x60 lean to shop will be 40x60 leaving 20x40 roof only
2-14x14 doors and 3-14x12 with 2-entry doors
Trusses we went 4' oc for the amount of snow and ice we get here

Update on the lights I put in the shop, still in love with them. Got the power bill from the first full month of using them, went from $300-350 to $153. They will pay for themselves sooner than expected.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

grcthird said:
Update on the lights I put in the shop, still in love with them. Got the power bill from the first full month of using them, went from $300-350 to $153. They will pay for themselves sooner than expected.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
The halos ?

Any chance you got that link handy?