• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics of your shops/garages/specs

Looks like a tankless hot water heater, but with multiple lines instead of just 1 in and 1 out. Am I missing something....
It's basicly a instant hot water heater but is designed for radiant heat, don't think a house one will run continuously for hours like this one will. There are 6 lines running through concrete, I can control the flow to each will means I can heat say the center more than the perimeter to be more effective in really cold temps, hopefully I can dial it in and not have super high electric bills, I plan on keeping thermostat on 50 and see if it keeps it warm enough and not break the bank

You weirdo northern people and your cold temperatures.....

ain't even gonna lie, a heated concrete floor would be fantastic...

You weirdo northern people and your cold temperatures.....

ain't even gonna lie, a heated concrete floor would be fantastic...

Oh yeah, if I ever get to build me a shop down here in AL it's gonna have a heated floor. We built the engine and put it in my Magnum over the winter in a buddies shop. That was an extremely cold winter for us, we even had a big snow in the middle of Jan 2011. It was a big shop and all he had was a wood burning heater that was only warm if you were right by it. I vowed then that I would have a heated floor.

got mine framed, sheathed and about 80% sided. most of the wire is pulled. Plumbers are here this week hand trenching:dunno: for new sewer line for bathroom. roofers are supposed to be here on thursday and brick is supposed to arrive on friday.

what products have y'all used for epoxy floors? I know how well they hold up is all in the prep work. we plan to clean real good, power wash, let dry good and then rent a grinder to grind it with a good vac. The professional epoxy guys told me to wait 90days after the concrete pour before doing epoxy, so that puts me right after Christmas to get it done. Pros wanted >$4/sf, so at that price, I think I am going to do it myself.

just be sure to get something with 100% solids and follow the directions. I love a white floor. Our main shop at work has a white floor and it's nice to be able to work underneath a machine without needing drop lights and such.

My builder is trying to convince me to use SW Armorseal 8100, but based on the reviews it appears it does not resist hot tire pick-up very well. Anyone have any experience with it?
I would love to be able to buy something locally so I can buy more than what I need and return what I don't use.

Making a little progress here and there.

Attachments

• PXL_20201213_140008949.jpg
    PXL_20201213_140008949.jpg
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 287
  • PXL_20201213_135938458.jpg
    PXL_20201213_135938458.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 268
  • PXL_20201212_143941327.jpg
    PXL_20201212_143941327.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 246
  • PXL_20201212_125205941.jpg
    PXL_20201212_125205941.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 246
  • PXL_20201212_203553234.jpg
    PXL_20201212_203553234.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 263
Little update on heated concrete, I found out real quick I do not have enough insulation, electric Bill was 183 for the garage last month, had thermostat on 55,it wasn't that cold out so I turned it to 50. Went last weekend and bought tin to put a ceiling in and gonna blow in insulation,should help tremendously

Little update on heated concrete, I found out real quick I do not have enough insulation, electric Bill was 183 for the garage last month, had thermostat on 55,it wasn't that cold out so I turned it to 50. Went last weekend and bought tin to put a ceiling in and gonna blow in insulation,should help tremendously

do you have insulation under the concrete pad?

do you have insulation under the concrete pad?
Yes, I did it right and did not cut corners. Even put insulation around the perimeter, my roof and walls are insulated as well but my heat is going out the soffit, right now it looks like my electric Bill be over 200 for December

Yes, I did it right and did not cut corners. Even put insulation around the perimeter, my roof and walls are insulated as well but my heat is going out the soffit, right now it looks like my electric Bill be over 200 for December
ah, just had to finish the ceiling since you have a soffit. i didnt go back and look at the previous pics

I figured $60ish was worth the gamble until I put some real lighting in there. Just not a big priority at the moment.
I've seen them do really well if your ceilings are 12'+. Most standard garages they aren't very impressive. Seem to do well for shops though. Looks good man.

No. Poured a 3x3x1 thickened slab where the posts were going to be.
Getting ready to pour a pole barn slab Monday. Also going to add a lift. Did you just dig out the area where your lift was going to go and let the slab just be a little thicker in that area with no special treatment (rebar or such)?

Latest posts