• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PJ Trailers

I don't know how much they charge for electric over hydraulic disc brakes. I added them to my 12k, 6 lug, 20' bumper pull and they work great.

jeeptj99 said:
Ah. Will 28' be long enough for the two buggies? Our goose is 28' including dove and to haul the xj and tj the xj has to be 1" off the front and my tj the rear tires are about 3" from the end of the trailer. We had to cut a support out and rework it on the tongue so the xj's bumper could fit up there. It's tight with ours.

Buggies don't have overhang like body rigs.

Andrew you're going big on axles and tires! Shouldn't have any problems out of that setup. And the trailer itself won't be super stupid heavy either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd check out load trail trailers, picking mine up tomorrow but have heard great things about them.
Mine is a 28' x 102 with drive over fenders, double 7k dexter braking axles, dual 12k jacks, tool box on front, 1 spare wheel and tire. 6200 total.

Call Dana at Trailerforless in Fayetteville, GA 770.460.0314. Bought a 10k PJ Buggy Hauler from her earlier this week. They were easily $1k less than anywhere else. I looked at PJ, LoadTrailer, BigTex, Carry On, H&H.

Disclaimer - have nothing to do with her or their business other than being a happy customer.

B. Lee Offroad just bought out Fat Cats Truck and Trailer in Cleveland, TN. Seemed to have good prices. They have a Facebook page or 423-
595-2230

Re:

My buddy just got a new PJ trailer with the spring assist ramps. They work real nice. Might save ya some work pulling them ramps out when you start blowing that front axle up! Lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
Buggies don't have overhang like body rigs.

Andrew you're going big on axles and tires! Shouldn't have any problems out of that setup. And the trailer itself won't be super stupid heavy either.

I went overkill on my last Lawrimore on axles/tires and it has served me well. Figured I'd do the same again. I want the trailer to get me to the ride, not have me working on **** on the side of the road.

scjustin said:
I'd check out load trail trailers, picking mine up tomorrow but have heard great things about them.
Mine is a 28' x 102 with drive over fenders, double 7k dexter braking axles, dual 12k jacks, tool box on front, 1 spare wheel and tire. 6200 total.

Damn, that's real similar to what I'm wanting. The Load Trail dealer here in Chattanooga got back with me last night. They are a family business and local. I'm hoping they give me a good quote.

Thanks for the other contacts guys, I will be calling them all.

Look for a dealer for East Texas Trailers in your area. I bought 2 trailers from them in 2015 and have been really pleased. I wasn't shopping for the cheapest trailer I could find, but the best blend in quality and price, but I saved 1k over the comparable trailer brands here locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work for Alpha Trailer and Truck Specialties in Pearl, MS. We are a PJ and Load Trail dealer! Give us a call 601-932-9798 and check us out on the web @ www.alphaofms.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

redneckengineered said:
Opinions on torsion vs spring axles as well as oil bath hubs vs greased EZ lube style hubs?
Oil bath is great, as long as you can keep oil in it, you loose the oil then you loose the bearings.

Greased hubs, you loose the seal or cap, you've got a while before you loose the bearings.

From what I see with torsion and sprung, smoother ride with torsion. Spring axles have more suspension on the tires than the springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts