• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Post pics of you Crawler!

That's funny, I was thinking of starting a pics thread, logged in, there it was. Amazing! Here are some shots of my Clod. It started as a 2.2, so there are some shots of it in that configuration, and the "grown up" setup that it's currently in.

Specs:
JB Locked axles
Integy 55 turn motors
Super Rooster
Losi LST tires
RPM Stable Maxx chrome wheels dyed black
Wheel adapter / widners by Ace
Airtronics M8 Radio
Hitec 645MG Servos
NN Chasis from thecrawlerstore.com
Losi XXXT rear shocks and springs

Here is how it looked after the initial build

crawler0139qy.jpg

Body off shot

crawler0095dr.jpg

After the first set of upgrades

crawlerm2ks008small6ri.jpg

And the current configuration

clod080606003eh3.jpg

clod080606017ge3.jpg

Reverse Cowgirl

Reverse Cowgirl

not pictured is the new paint job

custom chassis
rear axle motor mount
55t
GD-600 w/ 12 tooth pinion into nitro pede trans
front dig
losi blue front, losi blue rear
TR2
TQ3, proportional 3rd channel

d6e16895409bb039464e8d4ea945f261fb0f.jpeg

Last edited:
:flipoff: Beat that sucka's:flipoff:

Attachments

• rcdummy.JPG
    rcdummy.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,816
  • pos 003.JPG
    pos 003.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,814
  • RC 003.JPG
    RC 003.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,777
TLT axles
Pede trans
SW2 chassis
13.5" WB
yellow front losi springs, red Maxx rear
hand bros rock rings
wheel wideners, with narrowed wheels

DSC01462.jpg

DSC01464.jpg

future mods include:
rear driveshaft gearbox for front dig
flipped rear axle to eliminate body roll
holmes hobbies revolver brushless motor
mamba 25 ESC

Last edited:
Clod axles
55t integys
homemade chassis
clod shock's
hitec 645's
lrp pro reverse digital
14.5" wb
TQ3 w/o mod yet

100_0173.jpg

I still need 9t pinion's...Do they make that much difference? I hope they do cause this thing doesn't crawl for **** and battery life is crap. If I get tires wadded up in the least, the motor's stall, so I hope the pinion's are the fix.

Darius - the pinions will make a difference, but it also sounds like you might check out your battery. If it has a dead cell, that could be the problem. Let it sit for a couple hours arter charging, and check the pack voltage. It should be above 8 volts with a full charge.

My TLT based

Homebuilt chassis
HPI wheels/ Masher 2k tires custom cutdown soft foams
Losi xxt tranny
27 turn motor
Cheap threaded body shocks/ Losi springs
I will get some more pics with new body soon

Todd1803 said:
Darius - the pinions will make a difference, but it also sounds like you might check out your battery. If it has a dead cell, that could be the problem. Let it sit for a couple hours arter charging, and check the pack voltage. It should be above 8 volts with a full charge.

thank's, I'm not sure that's it, I have two batteries that are brand new, but super cheap, I'll still give it a shot. Also, say I'm climbing something, the front tires will spin fine and the rear's won't spin till I really stand on it, I know because of seperate motor's it will do this, but it's pretty bad.

Here's a pic of my TLT crawler. Actually it's my daughters, but she let me borrow it for goldendale. I haven't built mine yet, so I'm doing some serious testing on hers. I just put a set of masher2k's on it this week. Wow what a difference. Red Rocks suck.
SW2
65 turn integy
17/84 gearing
8 cell batteries
GM VR4 ESC
Maxx shafts
Masher2ks Stadium Blitzer wheels
Pede tranny
JR 125 servo[142 oz.in.@6volt]
Crawler store wideners

Here my stuff

The Wagon:
Clod axles
55 t motors
custom links
JR servo's
super rooster 2
Spectrum reciever
unknown shocks:crappy mounts
ETC...

DAN DIBBLE REPLICA:
!!!!!!BUY ME!!!!!!

MOGS:My Next build
E-maxx diffs
Teracrusher knuckles
Tamiya prop joints/solid stock shafts(originally had cut down e-maxx drivelines/they broke about every 20 sec.)
Don't know who originally made them.

Attachments

• P1010576.JPG
    P1010576.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,081
  • P1010577 (Small).JPG
    P1010577 (Small).JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,076
  • P1010578.JPG
    P1010578.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,083
  • P1010579 (Small).JPG
    P1010579 (Small).JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,083
  • P1010581 (Small).JPG
    P1010581 (Small).JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,074
Here are pics of my 2.2 build (In progress)

SW2 Chassis
TLT Axles w/ JB weld
AE Stealth tranny
Maxx 2.5 shafts
Traxxas Big Bore shocks
HiTec 645MG
Narrowed Stampede wheels
Moabs or M2K's

There is still a lot to be done here, most importantly will be the powerplant. I really want to go brushless if I can justify the cost. I also still need to swap out a lot of the screws for the right hardware, build the rear lockouts, and build a better set of upper link mounts, since I really don't like the one's I got with the chassis. I've got Super Blackfoot stub axles on the way, and may order widners too. I also need to try to cook off the Moabs to do some more work on the foams and add some weights.

sw2006zl5.jpg

sw2007vp5.jpg

sw2004vi9.jpg

TLT XRC Buildup In Progress

Alright Here's my XRC TLT Buildup.

Features:
Insane-RC XRC Chassis
Delrin 40/60 Bent Link Setup
Axiom 55T Motor
Pede Tranny Locked with JB Weld (Tranny Courtesy of Tammies)
Narrowed Pede Wheels.
M2K's
MG995 Torque Servo from HK
TLT Axles JB Locked.
EB Body

I have Gmade Wheel Wideners on the way.
Moped ESC on the way. Hope it does the job..

TLT001.jpg

Side View
TLT002.jpg

Posing...
TLT003.jpg

Front View
TLT004.jpg

Here is my fleet, for the most part. They are all VMG's. The black Hummer I built for my father-in-law, so it isn't really mine. The red and black one I call my son's and the Dodge Dakota is my main truck. It gets all the best goodies.

Thay all have MPI gear reductions, custom 3-links suspensions, bearings, custom steering mounts and extended drive shafts, including all the chassis mods needed to make it all work. Any aluminum you see was made by hand using my drill press, band saw, hand file, digital micrometer and Dremel.

The Hummer is what I would consider my stock truck. It is the fourth I've built, it represents the minimum mods I make to turn a VMG into a crawler. It has narrowed wheels and modified stock tires. Steering is an HS81-MG. Novak Spy, Losi AM radio, this one utilizes actual battery packs.

The SUV body one has an extreme stretch on the front, about twice as much as the rear. It has cells strapped in all over the chassis to keep the CG low, and hard wires into a pack. It runs MLST wheels and tires on VMG wheels as adaptors. It's got a Futaba MC230CR esc and an MN48 steering servo.

Now for my baby. Obviously a poser shot, there is no electronics or drivetrain installed at this time, as it's going through a redesign where it's getting a new MLST transmission transplant. The lights there are metal, work, and meant for RC boats! It runs a Spy as well, and a similar battery configuration as the last one. It was 4 wheel steering, which was awesome for crawling, but would never track straight, so I swapped back in a straight axle. It's got heavily modified Stampede wheels to get the most possible offset and ProLine Dirt Hawgs. The body is a discontinued Pro-Line Dakota RT body, I wish I could find one or ten more of them! It also has old-school Venom oil shocks and super weak springs. Articulation is perfect and it'll crawl damn near anything.

Attachments

• wheels_09.jpg
    wheels_09.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,030
  • wheels_07.jpg
    wheels_07.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,020
  • hummer_01.jpg
    hummer_01.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,014
  • steven_03.jpg
    steven_03.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,020
Last edited:
This is may latest 2.2.

Clod axles
Torsion stick
grover style dig
3rd at Nationals in moab '06

Attachments

• nats12.jpg
    nats12.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 993
nice paint job

Tanis said:
Here's a pic of my TLT crawler. Actually it's my daughters, but she let me borrow it for goldendale. I haven't built mine yet, so I'm doing some serious testing on hers. I just put a set of masher2k's on it this week. Wow what a difference. Red Rocks suck.
SW2
65 turn integy
17/84 gearing
8 cell batteries
GM VR4 ESC
Maxx shafts
Masher2ks Stadium Blitzer wheels
Pede tranny
JR 125 servo[142 oz.in.@6volt]
Crawler store wideners

NICE PAINT JOB. DID YOUR DAUGHTER PICK THAT COLOR OUT. i'T'S PRETTY.

fabbed emax crawler

Tanis @ I with my crawler. It is a fabbed truck with emaxx diffs and tranny. It has steel axles, with a aluminum 2" by 2" angle welded together for the chassis. It has a integy 55 turn with revo drivelines all around. E-maxx shocks, traxxis links, The motor has been turned around to the front p.s. of the tranny. A jr 125 servo. Right now Tanis is burning me flamin. Oh ya I have his tires and wheels, which are moab xls with cheyenne proline beadlocks. Thanks sucka. I like to run 8 cells with tanis batteries. I is po folk dont maka da muny dat yaall mak. The body is a emaxx duh it sucks for now It' weighs 17 pounds ya right. It's heavy but it works good for now. As soon as Tanis comes over with the camera more pics soon.

grover said:
This is may latest 2.2.

Clod axles
Torsion stick
grover style dig
3rd at Nationals in moab '06

Congrats at the nats

Would you be so kind as to post a body off shot and maybe a description on how you do your dig. I am getting ready to put a 2.2 clod hump torsion together and really would love to have a dig on that one also