• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Post your snow pix!

Snow lightning is cool! Have seen it a few times growing up in the NE. Erie as fug, all nice, quiet and peaceful like snow is normal, then thunder and lightning!!! Made me feel like Armageddon was coming or something.

Yeah it was pretty crazy. I was cleaning the truck off and just stopped for a second and all of a sudden it was like every single snowflake was a little led light. Followed by a strange thunder. Kinda muffled and didn't roll along like normal. More like a single explosion in the sky.

Beerj, where do you work to have to go in during a massive snow strom? Down here in the North Alabama, we just got enough snow to cover part of the grass up, and most everything shuts down! To funny!

Im a supervisor in the track department for the largest passenger railroad in the country. ;)
I try not to post the company name because I know how they like to search for anything involving them and really don't feel like dealing with potential headaches. But I would think my description is pretty easy to decipher. Lol

We're on 12+ hr rotating shifts trying to keep switches and access roads clear.

Only time I've seen it lightning while snowing in person was when the blizzard of 93 first started. I seen it on the weather channel not too long ago when NM and North TX got hit.

the-truth-about-dandruff-s1-photo-of-dandruff-on-mans-shoulder.jpg

pholmann said:
The blizzard of 93 was the only time I've seen thunder and lightning during a snow storm. It is very different.

They predicted lighting here yesterday,,,, weather man said to watch for " thunder snow!" :****:

You yankee's will get a laugh out of this, my whole town is 90% shut down, and here is what it looks like.
08866abfe4337b878334fe2e69cd8348.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

96bb305ebbd97d1b8e891ca8f9403241.jpg

6598227887ea57d282c0421b2288ce1d.jpg

b5ce24b1b8c79511878792bdb38bf903.jpg

Snow wheelin in the back yard.

An hour of ditch crawling and attempted hill climbs and I've had enough till next year. Ready to wheel in shorts and sandals

Im at my womans house and she got around 10-12 inches prob and damn shoveling snow sucks, why dont the little shits shovel ur snow for 5 bucks anymore. Haha. Im not as young as i used to be ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a pic from my front porch in Ventnor City, NJ...winds were bad, the waves from the ocean in the background was coming up over the Jersey Shore boardwalk.

Attachments

• 20160123_075649.jpg
    20160123_075649.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 111
So I get up at 6 am to go to work and some jackass in a 4WD Silveraydow is on the wood trying to get up my road in front of my house (5% grade?), so I figure it's bad enough to drive the crawler to work. Man, did I feel like a jackass.

:JRich:

Latest posts