• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

power brake ????

tommy450r

Im wontin to put power brakes on my buggy it has a wilwood petal ass. On it with dual mc one for front one for rear with a single petal.. my question is what the easy way too get power brakes on it? I thought about ditching the dual mc set up and going with a s10 booster an mc

Junkyard parts I have got about $100.00 in mine it came off of a 03 2500 gasburner chevrolet. It's a whole lot better than vaccume power brakes.

Yea I have thought about it but i don't know crap about hydro boost someone school me on it ??? Can I rob a set up off of another truck from a junk yard how does it work what all will I need

I got the booster, mastercylender, and hoses. The only reason I got the hoses was just to get the ends I made them work with the hoses for my hydro steering. If you go to pirate there is a good riteup a guy did in the tech and fab that kinda shows how to set it up. Your pressure line off of your power steering pump will connect to one side of the booster, then come out the other side to your pressure side of your power steering box or your orbital valve which ever you have. and also you have a return line comming out of the booster. I just made my own bracket for mounting and adapted it to my stock TJ brake pedal. Most all 3/4 and 1 ton truckes come with hydroboost.
tommy450r said:
Yea I have thought about it but i don't know crap about hydro boost someone school me on it ??? Can I rob a set up off of another truck from a junk yard how does it work what all will I need

skipnrocks said:
This is a hydro assist?

Hydro boost

Yea hydro assist. could I run that mc set up off of any pump the pump on my junk allready has lines ran for hydrolic valves that were used for extending the rear wheelbase but i have done away with that setup

tommy450r said:
Thanks for your input thats what I will do..sorry about that last post I was typing it up when u posted

thumb.gif No problem, I love mine if you just bairley tap the brake pedal it stops.

On that hydro boost set up do i have too run 2 high pressure lines? Can I just run one high pressure line an plug the one that runs too the steering box :dunno: the way I seen it is the line going too the gearbox doesn't matter if u have an extra fitting too run off of...hope that made some sort of since lol and of course run the return line back too my overflow

your pressure line out of the pump runs to your booster and then out of the other side of the booster to your pressure side of your box. Your pump still feeds your box, it just runs through your booster.