• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

power steering pump?

Rockwells607

I have full hydro front with ag- ram and charlyn orbital and stock ford power steering pump on the front which works fine, my rear steer is a 12volt electric hydraulic pump that i turn on when i wanna use it and off the rest of the time, this works ok but I was thinkin of goin to a different setup so it didnt draw so much electric and the rear steer had pressure to it all the time, I was thinkin of just adding another power steering pump to the motor for the rear steer but see that some people are runnin a single pump for the front and rear, anyone know how well these work, i see psc has one but i didnt know if ya used a T in the pressure line or if there was some sort of Proportioning valve from the front to rear steering system, any input would be great- thanks nate

so i talked to PSC and they said that sp1700c pump would work fine for this and you had to plumb them in series with the rear steer valve first then back to the front orbital...sound right? do's anyone just run 2 pumps so the front and rear are different systems?

the only thing wrong with that setup is you can only steer one axle at a time. best route would be two separate pumps with independent systems, that way they will always work and at the same speeds