• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Profender vs FOA vs ????

Mortalis5509

So I am looking at c/o for my tj that will not be racing and running 2.0's. I looking for input on the above or another brand. I'm gonna skip out on king for the price because I don't walk around loosing 100 bills. Any feedback would be great except for the FOA, I would like info on there new stuff where they have supposdly fixed most of seal problems.

I am not going through the story but FOA is GARBAGE!!!! :****: :puke: Call EOR. They will tell you how to find out what you need as far as valving and springs and HOOK YOU UP!

BUG-E J said:
I am not going through the story but FOA is GARBAGE!!!! :****: :puke: Call EOR. They will tell you how to find out what you need as far as valving and springs and HOOK YOU UP!

That's all I've ever heard about FOA shocks too.

FOA did me right but with all the issues my friends had/have I went with FOX this time.

I have owned Profender, FOA, and Fox.

I would not buy the FOA again. Not because I had a specific issue......they just look like Chinese junk.

The Profenders are anything but - to be honest if you sit them next to a fox they look almost identical but with different colors.

Re: Re: Re: Profender vs FOA vs ????

quaylefarmer said:
I have owned Profender, FOA, and Fox.

I would not buy the FOA again. Not because I had a specific issue......they just look like Chinese junk.

The Profenders are anything but - to be honest if you sit them next to a fox they look almost identical but with different colors.

How are the profenders working out? Easy process as far getting them in and set up? Are you also running there bumps?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mortalis5509 said:
How are the profenders working out? Easy process as far getting them in and set up? Are you also running there bumps?

Profender is a vendor on here and TBItoy runs them on his race yota and seems to like them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Profender vs FOA vs ????

ridered3 said:
Profender is a vendor on here and TBItoy runs them on his race yota and seems to like them.
Knew they were a vendor but not a whole of feedback out there on them.

Maybe he will pop in.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Profender vs FOA vs ????

ridered3 said:

:dblthumb:

Put a set of their air bumps on Mikes Yota also.

e8ame2ad.jpg

My buddy has profenders, they look nice and I've been thinkin about a set but I have had fox products for years and I'm scared to stray away from foxs awsome customer service and ease of replacement parts just to save a few bucks

Rockwells607 said:
My buddy has profenders, they look nice and I've been thinkin about a set but I have had fox products for years and I'm scared to stray away from foxs awsome customer service and ease of replacement parts just to save a few bucks
What's his opinion on them?

He bought the old profender buggy off the vender on here, he's had no problems with them other broken shrader valve from hittin a tree and he had no problems gettin a replacement from them

One thing to remember is ease of service, availability of replacement parts, as well as vendors that support the units when it comes time to do tuning. All coilover shocks are expensive, and everything is price driven. However, I would not look to grab a set simply because they are cheaper than the others.
We keep most major parts for FOX Bilstein and King. All are high quality shocks that many vendors support locally.
I will not even rebuild or attempt to tune an FOA, BIG SHOCK, or several other brands.

-Jimmy

I have been running FOA,s for a year now. I have had no problems. I just bought another set for a project. They tune just like all the rest. There not as pretty as fox or kings, but they work for me.

Exactly what eor said, that's why I haven't strayed from fox, I'm sure king and others have good service but my dealings with fox have sold me on them, very polite, knowledgable and easy to get parts for anything fox

There are a few guys running out shocks in the ECORS series, as well as RcRocs. KOH will have at least 2 guys with full Profender suspension this year.

We are still small, but growing. We stock all parts in NY and can get them to most places on the east coast in 2-3 days.

crawlin85cj said:
It's hard to beat KING shocks but the Radflos are a great option for less money.
I agree. I had zero maintenance on my King air shocks on my old rig so I chose King for the new buggy. I went with a $1000 junk yard engine and half price discontinued wheels to save money. I would hate to chose a brand just because of price and see them go out of business and I couldn't get parts if I needed them.

EOR MFG said:
One thing to remember is ease of service, availability of replacement parts, as well as vendors that support the units when it comes time to do tuning. All coilover shocks are expensive, and everything is price driven. However, I would not look to grab a set simply because they are cheaper than the others.
We keep most major parts for FOX Bilstein and King. All are high quality shocks that many vendors support locally.
I will not even rebuild or attempt to tune an FOA, BIG SHOCK, or several other brands.

-Jimmy

Great info...so your saying if 5 of us all had FOA's and wanted you to tune that would be a no? :flipoff1: (5 of us actually do have foa's and wanted you to tune them one day, when you want to take our $)