• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Ol' Skool and the Ranch

AllGoNoShow

This build will be starting about halfway through, I originally modified an f 350 frame with leaf springs and was going to mount this cab and drivetrain on it. I ended up scrapping the f-350 frame and decided to build my own. I built the old truggy Ford and it worked really well for what it was, but is just too big for Black Hills SD trails.

Here is the parts donor not long before tear down, kind of sucks cutting apart a perfectly good running/working rig.

Plans for this are a fuel injected 466 BBF, C6, 205, D60, 10.25 with 5.38 gears, welded rear, spartan locker in front, psc full hydro. Tires are cut 44'' boggers and H1 double beadlocks. I may get some tires in the 37'' range for street/trail duty to make wheeling a little tougher. I do plan on having this registered somehow and drive it on the street. The frame is 2x4 1.88 wall with 3/16'' gussets with .120 wall 1.75 tubing for the cage. 4 link with 7/8'' heims all around on 2'' 1/4'' wall square tube links. My original plan was to just run coils and ol white shocks. I have all of the mounts welded on for the coils right now. However, I have kind of decided I want to huck this thing so I may try out some ORI's. I like the ORI's because of the tuneability and packaging. The cab is a 37 chevy pickup with 8-9'' chopped off the bottom side and welded onto the sliders. If there is anything in particular you would like pics of let me know. I may also throw in some random pics from every day life on the Ranch and working. I use alot of old equipment to get work done that some may enjoy. Progress on this may be a bit slow, I have alot of other **** to keep running and that takes precedent over this.

Right after I built the adjustable frame table and got the frame rails built.