• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PROPANE

B3

who's got the best deal / prices on tanks ...... Ameragas is killing me and I'm ready to give them the boot :****: :gtfo:

several of my friends have been using Costco with really good results, supposed to be quite cheaper than most, might be worth looking into

Re:

Tractor supply prexair costco uhaul i use them all lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re:

Where are you located? My bad thought you was talking about filling them. I work for a forklift place and sell steel tanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My problem is I can't get anyone around where I'm at to fill the tanks I have because they need to be recertified so no one wants to touch them . Ameragas wants $4 a gallon and bills me for a full tank even if there's a half tank left ..... I'm getting screwed ..... No dinner no roses :indianajones:

Re:

Yea the plant i stay at just switched to Amerigas. Have had to switch out tanks, due to piss poor filling.
How out of date are they?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Some Home Depots have a self service Tank Swap program that doesn't require date checking but not sure if they swap the big tanks like you'd be needing. That's how the father in law switches out out of date grilling tanks.

TSC is also the best place I've found. They probably don't know how to check dates and it's the cheapest I've found. I think I paid $2.16 a gallon 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have an ace hardware? They are independently owned and usually don't check dates

I get mine filled at feed store in town. He won't check dates, he told me it's his civic duty to help out the poor people by not making them buy new tanks. He was in the propane business for 25+ years and never saw any problems with outdated tanks.
I pay about $3.75 per gallon and only get charged for what I use.... Small BBQ tanks are $12.50 flat rate

Re: Re: PROPANE

ForMud said:
I get mine filled at feed store in town. He won't check dates, he told me it's his civic duty to help out the poor people by not making them buy new tanks. He was in the propane business for 25+ years and never saw any problems with outdated tanks.
I pay about $3.75 per gallon and only get charged for what I use.... Small BBQ tanks are $12.50 flat rate
Same type place around here i get mine filled.

One of the Gas/Oil distributors around here will recert the tanks. Cost like $80. Might be worth looking into if you have alum tanks. Steel tanks aren't worth recert.

617_Racing said:
TSC is also the best place I've found. They probably don't know how to check dates and it's the cheapest I've found. I think I paid $2.16 a gallon 2 weeks ago.

Which TSC are you using? The one in McDonough started checking dates on me about a year ago, supposedly a Corporate crunch after a OJI.

mdo817 said:
Which TSC are you using? The one in McDonough started checking dates on me about a year ago, supposedly a Corporate crunch after a OJI.

I guess it's technically Ola. The one down 81 off the McDonough square.
There's also Spaulding gas over by motorheads bar, little more expensive but the lady that runs it didn't check dates either.

Do any of yo0u guys have a buddy at a welding shop? One that gets gas deliveries via truck? My gas company, Matheson, I can drag a bottle out of the weeds with who knows what date on it and send it as a core and there is no fee to update. I've done it about 15 times for myself and others. Nary a word said yet. They exchange with an in date, painted cylinder and you keep going.

blacksheep10 said:
Do any of yo0u guys have a buddy at a welding shop? One that gets gas deliveries via truck? My gas company, Matheson, I can drag a bottle out of the weeds with who knows what date on it and send it as a core and there is no fee to update. I've done it about 15 times for myself and others. Nary a word said yet. They exchange with an in date, painted cylinder and you keep going.
I pulled some strings and got a "commercial" account with a local store. As long as it is the same company they take anything but I tried to swap one with a rival company stamp and they turned me down

Latest posts