• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Psc kits?

whiskeymakin

So I ordered a complete kit from them hoping to have it all and not piece together something that may or may not work worth a crap.
In your experience, have you had everything needed to install it on your rig? I feel like I paid a premium for a complete kit but they are trying to finish the rape with not sending enough hose to finish the job.
It's pictured without a pulley....no big deal, one thing to get. I havnt put it all on my rig yet but I can already tell there's no where near enough hose to go to the ram/orbital.

I have the extreme whatever 2.75" de kit with p pump and it has been flawless. My steering has been great with 39s and 43s. Only issue I had was that mine didn't come with the fittings that go into the cylinder but they sent me some. I had to buy more hose and fittings for the cooler. Using their fluid and a 12" derale heat sink cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bunch of years ago I got a bonus at work. I don't think it was in my account for a day before I sent it all to PSC. I had a little buyer's remorse at first but it has been flawless. I had to buy a different fitting and more hose to work with my set up but it has been flawless. Its been years of use without as much as a squeal from the pump. I only have to add fluid if the rigs been upside down for a little while.

Some can put mix and match steering systems together fine but the majority of folks cant. Whining pump, hard steering, boiling fluid, steers slow/fast.

whiskeymakin said:

Same kit I got I think. Mine was for a Jeep 4.0 though.

I see the recommend a Swepco fluid. The only thing that's ever been ran in mine is Orielly or Napa brand Power steering Fluid.

scrambled said:
Same kit I got I think. Mine was for a Jeep 4.0 though.

I see the recommend a Swepco fluid. The only thing that's ever been ran in mine is Orielly or Napa brand Power steering Fluid.

Did you have enough hose to go from ram to orbital?

I think it's common to short folks so they come back for more. Hoping my local oreillys has the right size for the field service fittings

After fighting trying to make hyd assist work and reading some horror stories of cobble together full hyd set ups, I called PSC and told them what I had and how wanted it to work, they put together a kit for me. That was ten years ago, never had a single problem with steering since. I had my own hoses made local so I didn't order any hoses from them.
Did you check and see about how much hose you were going to need before ordering?

whiskeymakin said:

I think it's common to short folks so they come back for more. Hoping my local oreillys has the right size for the field service fittings

A local guy was short enough hose he couldn't finish his rear steer. So i specifically asked for the amount of hose Jesse Haines uses for his buggies. Guess who was short one hose length yesterday? They sent me a 4' piece of low pressure hose and one pushlock fitting too. I guess everyone mounts their reservoir and cooler on top of their orbitals...

whiskeymakin said:

I think I did? Been awhile. I know I ended up at Napa for some hose though, maybe I cut it wrong? laughing1

You seem to think they are nefarious in their actions? I see there is an option to add hose for a fee on that link .

"For additional #6 pressure hose click here
HA2-6HOSE 3/8 High Pressure Hose "

Just seems kindof shitty to say you offer a complete kit with hoses and there's not enough to do it. Just aggrivated, spend plenty of money for a complete kit and you still end up at the parts store. I was trying to see if anyone else had the same experience. Here's the host kit it came with. I don't see a specified length of hose on it... but it came with less than 8'
serviceable-6-full-hydro-pressure-hose-kit.html

Havnt called yet. It just came in saturday. I was looking to see if it's a common issue before I make my case with them.

Yea I understand hose won't break the bank, but when they advertise a complete kit and for a fairly high price, you expect to have more than enough, am I wrong here or just being bitchy?

whiskeymakin said:
Yea I understand hose won't break the bank, but when they advertise a complete kit and for a fairly high price, you expect to have more than enough, am I wrong here or just being bitchy?

Bitchy...... :****:

I have never bought something that worked 100%. So I just accept it and move on....

whiskeymakin said:

How do they know where everyone mounts their orbital? They probably base it off an orbital being near a stock steering box location. A guy with the orbital in the dash is gonna need a good bit more hose than the dude with it mounted at the front of the frame. Seems like if I was ordering a kit I'd ask how much hose is included.

I ordered it thru a vendor. Never crossed my mind to ask for more hose. In my mind the orbital on the dash was fairly normal, but maybe they base the kit off a frame mounted setup.
Appreciate the feedback fellas

Mine is mounted on top of the frame next to drivers front wheel.

I see those orb's mounted just after the steering wheel on alota stuff and while I've never seen a hose pop AT the orbital, makes me think I'd hate to have one do that and then take a hot a PS fluid bath.....on the ****. lol

tonybolton said:
Mine is mounted on top of the frame next to drivers front wheel.

I see those orb's mounted just after the steering wheel on alota stuff and while I've never seen a hose pop AT the orbital, makes me think I'd hate to have one do that and then take a hot a PS fluid bath.....on the ****. lol

Hence the reason I used crimped ends.