• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

push button

jamespgabaree

I have a 1990 jeep cherokee larado that i am attempting to put a push button in but i don't know where to connect the wires or the combination of things to connect. if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

oh this is tooooooo easy :rolleyes: Push button for what:eeek: whatever it is I would highly suggest getting a wiring diagram for your rig first:awesomework:

I have a 1990 jeep cherokee larado that i am attempting to put a push button in but i don't know where to connect the wires or the combination of things to connect. if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Did you really just come on here and, with your first post, ask which wires you would use to hotwire a Jeep? :eeek:

Push button ignition?

Why not just fix it right? Very easy to do. Minimal skill involved. Minimal tools needed. Parts are damn near free at any wrecking yard. Hell, after you diagnose which parts needed, there's probably a dozen guys here who'll give you what you need for free.

T

How to wire a push button:

1) Mount push button switch on gas pedal.
2) Run wire from switch to ignition coil.
3) Run wire from switch to nut sack.
4) Drive into an oncoming train.

:cheer: go gabaree, go:cheer:
well,the first thing you do is pay back the brother-in-law
fix the jeep, lift, gears, tires, and lockers so we can wheel:cool:
how ever at least hes is trying to fix it I give him that..............
if it was't for the electricial crap and some little things and the dumb ass that messed it up in the first place i think it was a nice jeep for 400 buck ................ that brother-in-law is a nice ass guy:pics: .get some

Last edited:
Simple, twist the blue wire w/light green stripe to the brown wire w/pink stripe together and then jumper the solid red wire to something constant hot on the fuse box with an alligator clip.

Simple, twist the blue wire w/light green stripe to the brown wire w/pink stripe together and then jumper the solid red wire to something constant hot on the fuse box with an alligator clip.

That's not exactly right. You want to twist the solid red to the previous mess you made.

And attach the other end right to the battery terminal with some hose clamps.

That's not exactly right. You want to twist the solid red to the previous mess you made.

And attach the other end right to the battery terminal with some hose clamps.

And then take the jumper cables and attach them to each testicle and plug them into the wall outlet for the welder.

And then take the jumper cables and attach them to each testicle and plug them into the wall outlet for the welder.

You forgot the most important step....use quality electrical tape, tightly tape the wires to the said testicle's, and I mean tight as in water seal tight, then continue to the wall socket step...:awesomework:

just go old school on the thing keep it manual on all so when the electronics take a **** your not stranded

That way you can piss a lot of people off when your old school crap breaks in the middle of the trail while us with our electronic dependable stuff are waiting to go around you.