• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Question before selling vehicle.

Opossum

now I need a front.
We've got a 98 blazer that was given to us to get rid of. It has not been drove in a few years and the last time it was it had a problem with the the transmission I suppose. The truck would jump like it it was shifting real hard, and Erin said at one time it would do it and the engine would cut off. I have no clue what it could be as I only rode in it a few times and like i said that was a few years ago. Anybody know what the problem could be and why it would make it cut off if it happens to be the transmission.

I know this post is kind of vague in the description of the symptoms but that's all I can squeeze out of her with what it was doing.

4.3 with auto tranny 4wd

I would if i knew it would make it out of the yard and into someone else's driveway before it decided to crumble into pieces.

that's the best description i can give. the rpms would rev really high and it would lurch forward (jump). it got to where it was doing it really bad when i would come to a stop. sometimes the engine would cut off, but if i turned it off then turned it back on it would work. rather than get it fixed, my mother's husband just went to the auction and got another one.

sounds like it is not down shifting or maybe the torque converter is staying locked up. more than likely you will need to replace the trans. get a cheapo junk yard trans and sell that bitch.

Brian

tps. just did one on my father inlaws. he was ready to buy a new tranny. there is no longer a tv cable, so the brain reads the tps for wot to tell the tranny what to do. also works on the fuel mapping.
they are like $30
should be throwing a code. if it will go to oreillys they have reader rentals for free.

Thanks, guys!!! I'm guessing this is a COMMON thing with teh blazers...the one I'm driving now is starting to do the same thing. Would the tps make the check engine light come on? ;D

for some reason i wanna go watch office space now. lmao