• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Question for anyone with Corbeau XP seats.

Waffle, I tried sending you a PM but your profile is locked or something. I can't do it.

Send me a PM if you don't mind, I may have something for you

Weird how this thread started out with me asking for the opinions of others on the XP seat and turned into what it is. Probably safe to say that's been my problem with seats this entire time & I've been focused on the wrong thing. I've learned a lot since then. Even though I've always been aware of proper belt setup, for reasons I can't explain I've never applied it until now.
So, I began focusing on what I am and eliminated what doesn't fit, then what doesn't work, then what isn't practical. This left me with what I need and from there I can pick what I want. Much easier this way!
I've decided on the PRP Comp Elite using a Podium split cushion and the +2" tall version. Now the only issue is fabrics and colors. So I used the same approach, eliminated suede & tweed, then eliminated all of the Tokyo drift color combos & I've narrowed it down to two.

Either its all black 1000d Cordura center with black vinyl back & band, or its a tan digi camo 1000d Cordura center with vinyl black back & band. Cause one looks great when it's clean & the other looks great when it's dirty!

I may decide with a coin toss
Screenshot_20201103-000623_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20201103-000223_Samsung Internet.jpg

I can't speak on the comp elite's but I run the original podiums and they're pretty damn comfy, and most importantly, especially when strapped in tight. They make some really nice stuff.

I haven't pulled the trigger on these just yet cause I've been told to expect a black friday sale coming up soon.

I'm still researching the use of 1000d Cordura as a seat surface for an open buggy that sees lots of trails in Ky, WV & TN. IDK. It's said to be a "tougher" surface vs marine vinyl. Its waterproof & shouldn't get scalding hot in the sun either, but how it handles the slinging mud & silt I have no clue cause most people buy Cordura seat covers for their brand new trucks that never get dirty. I have this fear of having a brush in hand & spending more time cleaning the seats than I do the rest of the buggy. Good thing I have some time to figure it out.

If I do end up going all vinyl because I know they'll clean easily then I'll likely choose black ostrich.

Last edited:
I hear ya. Typically, unless I'm planning on riding the next day, I just pressure wash the seats like everything else. I'll pull the cushion out if I'll be sitting in it within the next day but come to think of it, I don't think any part of the seat has ever soaked up any water. Sounds like you're on the right track of thinking though.

I think you'll be happy with the comp elites , and you can't go wrong with podium bottoms

I love my podiums , I'd put them in everything if they'd fit .. well worth the $$ imo

the full size comps like you pictured are more comfortable than the utv comps (which are the same dimensions as the GT/SE for anyone wondering) , they (comp elites) have better elbow placement than the utv comps for sure unless you have a very high trans shifter

I think I will be too since I can't recall anything bad in all of my research through countless forums. Nothing but praise for these & podiums.
And it looks like Cordura will be the final answer, but I'm going for a more subtle look. I hate how I pick a color one month on stuff then next yr I get tired of it, then next thing you know yur rig looks like the promo to a Reading Rainbow episode. I ditched the digi camo idea cause I never hunted camel jockeys which leaves me sticking with black seats in a black buggy. Starting to like this one with a silver brushed band. IDK, just thinking out loud at this point.

C'mon black friday!
Screenshot_20201108-010612_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Difference between a PRP Premier +2" and CompPro +2"

I like my new seats.

3F58C249-6F62-4B41-AEF7-ED3F567336BE.jpeg
53C81A22-E691-4787-B242-3490CF340832.jpeg

Well, I ordered a few swatches and I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed.
First problem is that I ordered 5 samples but only got 4, 16 days later. The one I'm missing is a black vinyl so I have no way of knowing if I have the daytona or pvl.
Second problem is the Cordura, ehem, or what they're calling Cordura. They told me this was 1000d Cordura but what I have in my hand is something akin to lightweight breathable sports fabric. I can literally watch TV through this material and no, it's not waterproof. It's not even water resistant. At all! This crapt soaked up water faster than my kitchen sponge & if I run the tap over it, it instantly streams straight through. Man I'm glad I didn't make that mistake.

LESSON: Get samples first, don't trust what they say & definitely don't get the Cordura option.

1000D Cordura lol
20201116_025419.jpg

Last edited:
Update:
The sample I was sent (pictured above) is not what they're calling Cordura. I was sent the wrong sample. Obviously.

That being said, I've also found out just today that what they advertise as genuine 1000D Cordura is actually just your basic no name brand ballistic nylon

Last edited: