• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Question for anyone with Corbeau XP seats.

Waffle

Corbeau says the seat cushion is removable for easier cleaning, but.... Is water able to drain away? Are there any gaps below the seat cushion on the sides or back to allow dirt & grit to fall through once the cushion is lifted out? I currently have Corbeau ultras and I'm tired of dealing with deep pools of muddy water being trapped since my seats are leaned back further than normal.

XP
68801-s__14367.1587727662.jpg

Last edited:
Yes-ish. They don't have legit drains like the PRP mud drain seats (which I would recommend), but they are better than regular suspension seats for draining. I hated the top shoulder bolsters on the XP.

I've wondered about those XP shoulder bolsters and whether my arm position would be restricted for using the shifter. It's the typical narrow Smith chassis with the shifter mounted between the seats which means my right arm is tucked back pretty far. Is this why you hated that feature?

Last edited:
I had them in an ecors stock class toyota for one race. I was either too fat, too tall, or both.

I think the bolster is supposed to be beside your head/upper shoulder, but for me it was right in the center of my upper arm. It was like someone puts you in a bear hug with your arms by your side. The truck was a manual trans, so I had to stick my right arm out at a weird angle to shift gears.

I've got the XP's in my rig, had them in a few different ones. Water will drain past the cushion but will still pool up below it and slowly drain through the mesh. I like the shoulder bolsters for containment and not bouncing all over the place. As long as your shifter is in your lower thigh/ knee area when your seated you shouldn't have an issue with with the shifter. You will sit higher in these compared to a ultra, so if your head room is tight that may be an issue after installing.

I had to cut a small slit in the bottoms of mine to help the water drain out. After I wash the buggy, I will pull the cushions out and take a shop vac and clean out the rest of the dirt in the bottom

My shifter is closer to the hip, so it seams the XP may not be for me. Been scrutinizing seat designs from Corbeau & PRP & I've just now caught on to what you said about seat height & head room. Had another person say the XP seat height is taller and it makes sense now. Those designed with a removable seat cushion tend to make you sit taller, which is bad for me being 6'3".

I do love the utv PRP gt/se for the butt strip mud drain. Seems it would be the easiest to clean & I see WOD has an exclusive run with 4 point mounting tabs. Not sure about that 5th belt location though. I'll have to measure my shoulder slot height again cause PRP will NOT make a taller version of any UTV seat. I verified this today.

Last edited:
The GT SE has the same lower seat size as any other (26" front to back). I think the 5th slot was eliminated because it was simpler/cheaper to make & intended for early RZR's that had no provision for one. Imho, looping the 5th around the front of the seat is just plain wrong & should be avoided.

The GT3 is an upgrade by adding a thru-seat 5th slot, but it has the removable cushion feature.

The Corbeau apex looks good, I tried to get a set for this Jeep I have now but they were back ordered with no in stock time frame.

I'm going to call Simpson Racing & try to get some measurements. Ever since they bought out Twisted Stitch I keep forgetting about what they can do.

I currently have Simpson harnesses. Maybe that's a sign! Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200928-163022_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200928-163022_Samsung Internet.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 220
Friend of mine just bought some Simpson seats and was highly pleased with the customer service. They went above and beyond for her.

On my end, after looking around quite a bit, I ended up with some PRP Comp Pros. WOD has an exclusive from PRP with the non removable cushion and mud drain which makes it the tallest suspension seat I could find. (I'm quite tall too). They also have them in stock in black last time I called.

I have the Simpson Vortex. They have a removeable bottom cushion that I pull out if I am washing with a couple of smallish holes to allow drainage. Roughly 25" from the seat cushion to the harness hole centers and 30.5" to the top of the seat.

I would like to know how the Mastercraft Nomad seats are. As a rather large man, the low side bolsters look appealing. Not a bad price either.

Here is my seats and shifter

Attachments

• IMG_20180915_134645_339.jpg
    IMG_20180915_134645_339.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_20180915_134645_307.jpg
    IMG_20180915_134645_307.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 200
I appreciate all the info, but I think I'm ready for new seats. Talked to Simpson yesterday and as expected they were very helpful. Spent some more time playing with color combos and I'm really liking the V2 in black & light cashmere. Should look good in a black Jimmy Smith chassis.

After telling them that measurements could not be found anywhere he sent me an email right away and said they'd get it corrected on the site. For future reference I'll put that info here including a screenshot of those dimensions.

Simpson custom seats in CA
310-325-6035

Edit: They have a dry foam option at no extra $$ if you ask for it. Said the density is the same but it drains moisture away more easily & less susceptible to breakdown. Their seat heaters are dual pad and if the seat has a removable cushion like this one then it'll come with a WP connector to the back pad. I asked about certain colors & they're emailing me pics that include those. Said let us know whatever I like and they'll send me out some color swatches for free.

Screenshot_20200928-185407_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
20200929_101703.jpg
20200929_102925.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I waited around on getting the Simpsons & now the price has skyrocketed from $441 to $590. With seat heaters & a sub belt slot they're $778 ea. Ouch!

I'm starting over from scratch & after seeing photos of me sitting in my Ultras I'm clearly too tall for these and have been sitting in an unsafe setup this entire time. No wonder **** hurts. My shoulder slots are much further down than I realized, so it looks like I need to pay further attention to this. I have to get it right this time!

PS: For future searches since Corbeau doesn't list it, my Ultra's have a seat to shoulder slot measurement of 22" & seat to headrest top is 31".

Well, I waited around on getting the Simpsons & now the price has skyrocketed from $441 to $590. With seat heaters & a sub belt slot they're $778 ea. Ouch!

I'm starting over from scratch & after seeing photos of me sitting in my Ultras I'm clearly too tall for these and have been sitting in an unsafe setup this entire time. No wonder **** hurts. My shoulder slots are much further down than I realized, so it looks like I need to pay further attention to this. I have to get it right this time!

PS: For future searches since Corbeau doesn't list it, my Ultra's have a seat to shoulder slot measurement of 22" & seat to headrest top is 31".
I've learned more from this thread than I did when I stopped in at WOD and spoke with Rocky. I asked him about seats and he told me to just look at the prp website.