• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Question for those with CTM/Yukon joints

Just to compare, Spicer aftermarket says their Super 60 chunk for 4" tube weighs 114lbs. I took my PR80 to work recently and it scaled 100lbs.
20211102_022412.jpg
20211102_022441.jpg

Just to compare, Spicer aftermarket says their Super 60 chunk for 4" tube weighs 114lbs. I took my PR80 to work recently and it scaled 100lbs.View attachment 158476View attachment 158477
keep us posted on the total weight of the Dana 80. I need to weigh my and see what the weight is. I really would like to see the weight of a drop out HP10 with big knuckles, c's and trussed I would be it is within 100-125lbs

I'll definitely be weighing stuff as I go. No doubt a dropout HP10 would be the king of weight savings, I just can't afford it along with the outers.
This bare chunk weighs less than my KP 60 chunk, the gears and bearings will be more, but then I'll be going from a Grizzly locker to a lighter spool. 4" x 3/8 tube should close to the same as stock.

Now that I know this PR80 chunk weighs 100lbs I'm real curious to know what my rear complete PR80 is, cause I scaled the Spidertrax outers at the time and took a pic to prove it.
That's 43lbs for one complete outer. Spidertrax 4" 4130 cup bolted to a 40 spline ultimate UB, 14" chromo rotor, caliper bracket, loaded Wilwood DP6A caliper.
20160628_114238.jpg

I finally was able to get through to Ouverson. Only took 6 phone calls and a month lol. Getting in touch with them is such a hurdle that I have zero confidence in ordering any parts from them not listed on their site, which is basically everything I wanted. They never did respond to the email I sent over 5 weeks ago.

FYI, The billet open Rock knuckles are $1730 per corner. No steering arms included nor did he share prices on them since multiple configurations are possible. No clue what any of it weighs.

4340 UB direct drive outer & 40 spline inner set with violator joints is $3300.

3c87dfcb.jpg

a6d34b7cce2c5fe99a2e33fe9555e951.jpg

Last edited:
I finally was able to get through to Ouverson. Only took 6 phone calls and a month lol. Getting in touch with them is such a hurdle that I have zero confidence in ordering any parts from them not listed on their site, which is basically everything I wanted. They never did respond to the email I sent over 5 weeks ago.

FYI, The billet open Rock knuckles are $1730 per corner. No steering arms included nor did he share prices on them since multiple configurations are possible.

Whats crazy is everytime I've called them they answer that time. Other people have said the same think it takes weeks to get a call back. $3300 doesn't seem to bad of a price. I would imagine RCV's would be around $3500-$3600 if you can get a deal maybe a little cheaper.

I've heard the same in other threads. There's those that can't get through at all and those that share pics of their bling new parts.

PS: I know most here already know this kind of stuff. Just thought I'd provide some up to date 2021 info for the rest of us.

I glanced over this entire thread again, and I didn't see the reason to not go with RCV big bells?

Looks like PR80+S&S+RCV big bells+your existing high-zoot brakes is probably the cheapest/lightest/strongest setup

You might be right about that. Here's an S&S axle FB post of theirs I missed with a nearly identical setup using factory D80 chunks (118lb) with heavier 1/2" tube. Covers included. He weighed them minus gears, gear bearings, spool, flange, shafts.
393lbs front steer axle
310lbs for the rear.

Was quoted $2400 for knuckle kit with a dfx file to fab your own high steer arm setup very similar to Spidertrax pro arms. You'll have to fab your own steering stops as well. One knuckle + one inner C + hardware is 60lbs. For comparison the Reid Super KP inner C and knuckle weighs 57lbs without hardware.
Screenshot_20211114-023304_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211114-024002_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Even the cost of good 1550 shafts caught me by surprise. For a complete set of Legacy 40 spline 4340 shafts with direct drive outers your looking at $3398. And that's without joints!
Screenshot_20211114-225834_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20211115-012652_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nothing of actual use/help to add to this thread, but it would be a whole lot cheaper just to scrap all the big blingy parts and run the world's bestest, most unbreakablest axle combo of a Dana 30/35! :rolf:

It's been a while but I feel like that's similar to what I paid for 300m 35 spline small bell rcv's without direct drive. Not that you'd run them but got me wondering about the strength differences between those 2 options. Does Ouverson offer lifetime warranties as well?

It's been a while but I feel like that's similar to what I paid for 300m 35 spline small bell rcv's without direct drive. Not that you'd run them but got me wondering about the strength differences between those 2 options. Does Ouverson offer lifetime warranties as well?
RCV small bells are 2800 IIRC.
There is a big difference in terms of strength for sure.

If it was me I would buy a 47 spline spool for $1000 and run ouverson 47 spline inners. At least keep one side stock length Rockwell on the inner so keep the drivers side inner shaft 33.25". Plus it is a on the shelf item for them. Also you can run a cheaper national seals for 2" axle shafts.

My D60 kingpin currently has RCV 300m 35 spline small bells. They've been great except for that damn hidden grease point on the bell. Glad to see the big bells have a zerk on the end of the stub! Old tech posts say 300m is 10% stronger than 4340 and 40 spline is at least 50% stronger than 35 but IDKR.

Ouverson has no warranty, but with the issues I had just getting in touch with them I'm not interested anyway.

Last edited:
I've been crunching some numbers. This is all retail and I didn't shop around too much, however most of this stuff has MAP pricing anyway. Prices listed include everything needed to complete the job. (Minus brakes).

Spidertrax outers using all their available 40 spline parts and still left with a 1480 joint.
$9816......whoa

Spidertrax outers with Branik legacy 40 spline shafts and 1480 joints.
$8048

Reid Super Kingpin with big bells
$7966

Crane Magnum with unit bearings and Big bells.
$7763

S&S Fab with big bells (still requires custom fabbed arms, steering stops and grinding of inner C to clear big bells).
$7264

Last edited: