• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Question for those with CTM/Yukon joints

Yeh, Rausch is like the OG northeast park and just keeps price gouging because they can. Granted you do get free primitve camping...
And porto-potties that haven't been cleaned since 1987. We showed up with a group of bouncers and asked about doing some racing there. They made it pretty clear that new Jeep owners with 35" and under tires were their target demographic and they had no interest in catering to us.

Yeah. AOAA is mostly either really easy stuff or they just find a random pile of huge pointy boulders that nobody has ever driven on and call it a trail. Haven't been to FRO yet
Heading to Reading in July.....No camping there yet, so we'll trailering every day from campground. We are heading to Gore in a couple of weeks, $30 a day to ride plus $25 camping a day. On the good side, we have the place to ourselves so no waiting to run a trail like when they have an event......Nothing worst then waiting 45mins for some JKs with 35" ATs and $45,000 worth of bolt on's to get unstuck.

Heading to Reading in July.....No camping there yet, so we'll trailering every day from campground. We are heading to Gore in a couple of weeks, $30 a day to ride plus $25 camping a day. On the good side, we have the place to ourselves so no waiting to run a trail like when they have an event......Nothing worst then waiting 45mins for some JKs with 35" ATs and $45,000 worth of bolt on's to get unstuck.
I'm not familiar with Gore

So I have front and rear steer Dana 80's, I also just bought a set of S&S Fabrication Housings and will run front and rear 45 spline inner Drop out steer axles. I'll bring my scales out to the shop over the next week or two to get some weight's. I'm curious on the savings.

I also have a set of 80's and A S&S fab housing. I can move the S&S fab axle around the shop by hand. I can not move the 80's.

have you looked into Tubeworks 3rds?
If you're going big-big and running spools, that's where I'd be going.
I did, and after a lot of back and forth I went with gearworks. I got 2 gearworks for about he cost of 1 tubeworks. Yes the tubeworks are lighter. I originally had one, however I just couldn't justify the cost of an additional one in the rear so I was able to sell it for what I had into it.

have you looked into Tubeworks 3rds?
If you're going big-big and running spools, that's where I'd be going.

Speak with Andrew at Even Weller racing. They build and service diffs with Gearworks, tubeworks, and mason 3rd members, not to mention other items. They do a lot of in house work that is different.

I learned a few things today from him that there are $6,000 ring and pinion, and some race teams use them for only one race. They have been proven to last a very long time due to a harder gear.

Speak with Andrew at Even Weller racing. They build and service diffs with Gearworks, tubeworks, and mason 3rd members, not to mention other items. They do a lot of in house work that is different.

I learned a few things today from him that there are $6,000 ring and pinion, and some race teams use them for only one race. They have been proven to last a very long time due to a harder gear.
$6k for a ring and pinion set! :eek:

I mean... some teams spend over $1 million for a peninsula racing effort. $6k is a drop in the bucket.

I mean... some teams spend over $1 million for a peninsula racing effort. $6k is a drop in the bucket.
Reading through that thread was eye opening for sure. Just insane to think about spending that kind of money to do something when the prize/payout money is enough to "buy the ice for the after party."

Here's the thread I mentioned:

Last edited:
Call EWR, they may have some laying around or they'll direct you towards the teams who own the timed-out part.

Are those used ring and pinion sets for sale somewhere?

Andrew is the one who pointed me more towards Gearworks, he also said the new Gearworks True10 will be around 14K and be right there with the Mason diff. Yea the money spent on TT teams is crazy. A mason "TH400" is $58K.

Latest posts