• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Race safety equipment

jccarter1

Ok so need some input from some of yall race guys looking to race this week in the outlaw race at hawk pride. I am not really the racing type so not looking to spend a bunch of money just to race once a year when it comes to my local park. But I need a window net and a helmet with hans or similar device I wouldn't mind buying a window net if I can find one that I can just strap on with velcro or something similar. Dont really want to buy a hans if anyone wouldn't mind letting me borrow one ;D :dunno: if not where is the cheapest setup I can buy

Allstar Performance sells a window net install kit thst uses 1.75" tube clamps......looks decent and priced right....but I havnt used one :dunno:

As for the helmet and Hans neck restraint, you can buy them separately and do not have to buy them as a package. Hans provides the kit to mount to any helmet and is easy to install. I bought my Hans from Alice Gherst a few years back as she was a distributor for them. The only thing I would change would be the type that has the body harness that stays on your torso after you take your helmet rather than the kind that just attaches to the helmet. They both are held in place by the upper harnesses cinched down on them, it just seems easier to keep in place while strapping in. This is just my preference...

ADMINISTRATOR

blacksheep10 said:
Simpson hybrid rage straps to your body.

That's the one Kelly, I've got the Necksgen REV, it works great and gives you greater visibility than the old Neck donut does. The only problem I have with it is when I am getting strapped in and try to place it under my shoulder harnesses, it moves around and can make adjusting difficult. Other than that, it works fine.

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
That's the one Kelly, I've got the Necksgen REV, it works great and gives you greater visibility than the old Neck donut does. The only problem I have with it is when I am getting strapped in and try to place it under my shoulder harnesses, it moves around and can make adjusting difficult. Other than that, it works fine.

You racing this weekend?

ADMINISTRATOR