• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Racing specs?

LSO

SO im looking at possible buying a buggy. My only major concern is the chassis is made from 1.5 tubing. Will i be able to race it here in washington at some of the race events we have? ie; fair grounds, off road parks, private land or anything else. Does anyone have any knowledge of what my limitations would be with a 1.5 inch chassis?

Thanks

1.5 if 120 wall is ok for PNW4WD races if the rest fits the specs, you could run over to there place and look at comp rules in the racers edge section.
Binder runs most of the stuff out there, being the lil whore that he is, and passes tech everywhere that I have known about. However I think there might have been some bribing by him with BBQ chicken and watermellon, and rum...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the point in the right direcrion. I cheked out there site and the rules are under construction. Anyone know if they have a roof hieght rule for space between your helmet and roof?

Racing Schedule

Racing Venues

Straddleline ORV Park

Happ's in Ethel, WA

Cadillac Ranch Motorsports Park (currently closed)

Southwest Washington Fair Grounds

Eddieville Race Track (Goldendale, WA)

Starvation Ridge Race Track (Goldendale, WA)

General Info/Questions

PNW4WDA Racing Rulebook

pages1-2.jpg

pages3-4.jpg

pages5-6.jpg

pages7-8.jpg

pages9-10.jpg

PNW4WDA Racing Rulebook - additional changes

1st All Automatic Transmission must have minimum of 3/8 conveyor belting, 1" head of flywheel to tail shaft that is securely fastened, with recommended explosion proof blankets and or bell housing, transmission cover that is SFI approved.

2nd All Competition vehicles are required to have both front and rear drivelines a minimum of

Yea, what he said, they are all there but ya just need to read the FAQ tab under racers edge to get the new and the old....

These are just for the PNW races, every entity has there own set of rules, and you would need to go to every association to read there rules to be sure you could run in everything, or at least in the ones you would want to...

"Most" places will let you run if you have the basic safety stuff, but would make you update to their rules if you wanted to run a second time with them.

That booklet says 1 5/8ths tubing.........too.
how can they think that 1.5 .120 wall is not as strong as .090 wall 1 5/8ths.That cracks me up...DOH, (just read that change:fawkdancesmiley:)
AWesome.there is hope for me yet!

Last edited:
Yeah 1-1/2" .120 wall is good for PNW and most any local comps that I know of......Yes I am a whore and have been known to bribe when needed but the rum is only as a last resort.:haha:

Yeah 1-1/2" .120 wall is good for PNW and most any local comps that I know of......Yes I am a whore and have been known to bribe when needed but the rum is only as a last resort.:haha:

I was gonna call bullshit....cuz this brutha ain't givin' up no rums fer nuttin'!!!! :haha:

That booklet says 1 5/8ths tubing.........too.
how can they think that 1.5 .120 wall is not as strong as .090 wall 1 5/8ths.That cracks me up...DOH, (just read that change:fawkdancesmiley:)
AWesome.there is hope for me yet!

Hope for you is still kinda pushing it......

Just sayin.....:fawkdancesmiley:

Wow! thanks for all the info guys:awesomework: Its just what i was looking for. Im going to look at this buggy on sat and if all goes well i will be racing with just alittle bit of work.

Ow if i get it i will post up some pics the get your guys two cents on it.