• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Radiator mounting.

I ran a cross member under it and pop riveted some 1/4 inch conveyor belt material to my brackets to isolate it, then I used LS valve cover grommets and rubber expansion nuts to isolate it at the top, works great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 149
Re: Radiator mounting.

Here's how I mounted mine. I used strips of 1/8" high temp rubber between the mounts and the radiator. Nothing is attached directly to the radiator, the mounts just hold it in place

The material I bought is a pretty good fit. If I used a inner tube around it it would be a very very snug fit. Will that runner hold up to radiator temps?

Re: Radiator mounting.

skipnrocks said:
The material I bought is a pretty good fit. If I used a inner tube around it it would be a very very snug fit. Will that runner hold up to radiator temps?

I'm not sure what type of rubber inner tubes are made from. The rubber I'm using is neoprene rubber. I'd imagine it would be ok though.

Radiator mounting.

I used some 1/2inch fuel line to slide onto the plastic locator pins, then drilled holes for the guide pins on my chassis. My upper mounts are 16 gauge sheet metal with a 90deg bend for strength then factory jeep hardware holds the rad to my mounts. They have survived an end over end and full barrel roll.

Wish I could post a pic. It may be hard to visualize my description. Lol

I did mine almost identicle to first post. 2 inch wide fit mine perfectly. A also used angle on bottom which made it very easy to mount. I'll try to get pics.
I used a thin rubber mat between sopport and rad that I had laying around. I have no ideal how it will hold up.

I have been told with Aluminum to mount in 3 locations. 2 on the bottom and 1 on top in the middle. Mounts at all 4 corners can cause torque on the radiator with frame flex and fatigue welds.