• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Here's my Random Thought/Hardline Request. Any recommendations for keeping squirrels out from underneath vehicles? Over the last few weeks we've noticed the squirrels running out from under the vehicles in the driveway and the little varmints have been chewing on stuff (heat shielding and wires).

IMG_2776.JPG

I know one option would be to break out the ole BB gun and shoot them and a second option would be to cut down all our trees to get rid of the nuts.their homes. Issue there is day job so not enough time to shoot them all and we have some massive trees.

So any recommendations/home remedies/store bought products etc to keep them out from under the vehicles?

No experience here but......
Fake predator call, or fake decoy, or both. I'm not necessarily suggesting you blast the sound of eagles like Pilot gas stations, but perhaps somewhere along this line lies an answer. A big ass coiled rubber snake, or a lawn owl that hoots by motion detector.

Then there's the critter trap cages. Bait them and you'll get em for sure. Might snag a few other things too.

No experience here but......
Fake predator call, or fake decoy, or both. I'm not necessarily suggesting you blast the sound of eagles like Pilot gas stations, but perhaps somewhere along this line lies an answer. A big ass coiled rubber snake, or a lawn owl that hoots by motion detector.

Then there's the critter trap cages. Bait them and you'll get em for sure. Might snag a few other things too.

Hawk decoy? Move randomly.

@Waffle dang you for the Pilot gas station comment because that is now running through my head...

Good ideas on the calls or decoys. I like having the deer and turkey around, but wish the squirrels would go visit another yard (or at least leave the driveway alone and keep doing their thing in the rest of the yard) instead of ours. I saw places like Home Depot etc sell sprays or granular type items but wanted to check here to see if anyone had a sure fire way to make them leave our vehicles alone.

Might try feeding em so they don't eat ur car. Put up some feeders or just dump some on ground. Plus makes em easier to gather for a mass killing lol. Or maybe go all caddy shack on their asses

Attachments

• 669018F4-7A54-4083-9D87-289BB5F6B691.jpeg
    669018F4-7A54-4083-9D87-289BB5F6B691.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 173
I bet if you'd randomly pull the buggy out to do some sweet burnouts they would learn real quick that the guy living here is not to mess with :JRich:

Works for neighbors too :LOL:

I used to have a landlord that trapped squirrels. He had a drum full of water in his garage that the full traps would go into.

I was watching videos of guys in Texas hunting hogs. They were chasing them with a rzr and shooting at them with belt fed machine guns. I've never wanted to do anything in my life more.
Come down.... game awn!
Minus belt feds, good ole pew pew here and ranger.

Here's my Random Thought/Hardline Request. Any recommendations for keeping squirrels out from underneath vehicles? Over the last few weeks we've noticed the squirrels running out from under the vehicles in the driveway and the little varmints have been chewing on stuff (heat shielding and wires).

View attachment 122686

I know one option would be to break out the ole BB gun and shoot them and a second option would be to cut down all our trees to get rid of the nuts.their homes. Issue there is day job so not enough time to shoot them all and we have some massive trees.

So any recommendations/home remedies/store bought products etc to keep them out from under the vehicles?
A few things to try. If nothing else they may help somebody. Watch Mark Rober's squirrel obstacle course on lietoyou tube...its pretty awesome. Dude is brilliant.

Squirrels like walnuts a ton.
Dont touch the traps or the nuts with your hands. Buggers are smart and know if your scent is on em. Live Trapped 2 in about 10 hours at my house and two mice too. I've probably hauled out 8-10 animal annoyances because of walnuts.

Bright lights.
LED strips or "corn bulbs" works good for chasing critters out of almost anywhere. Rv engine bays, attics, crawl spaces. Sometimes takes a few days but they get pissed off when the lights are on all the time. Often times they will find another dark place to hang out.

Figure out how to trap em and make em pets. I think a trained squirrel would be a rad novelty

And lastly Irish spring soap. Vegetable peeler it around places you want them to leave or cut it up with a pocket knife and place it in their pathway into the motorhome attic or whatever. Lots of times they will leave it alone too.

My last thought is find a neighbor kid who can shoot and put a bounty on them.
However like any rodent these ideas may or may not work for you.

I used to have a landlord that trapped squirrels. He had a drum full of water in his garage that the full traps would go into.
My boss had the same squirrel infestation problem. After he trapped a few and tried all manners of dispatching them (resulting in hilarious break room stories and a few good scars on his forearms), I told him that on the farm we had a water trough just for throwing the live traps in..,. So he fills up a 33gal garage trash can with water the next squirrel he catches, but the cage only goes in deep enough to leave about 1/2" above water. So he has to blast the squirrel in the face until it gives up!

he bought a water trough at tractor supply the next day

My boss had the same squirrel infestation problem. After he trapped a few and tried all manners of dispatching them (resulting in hilarious break room stories and a few good scars on his forearms), I told him that on the farm we had a water trough just for throwing the live traps in..,. So he fills up a 33gal garage trash can with water the next squirrel he catches, but the cage only goes in deep enough to leave about 1/2" above water. So he has to blast the squirrel in the face until it gives up!

he bought a water trough at tractor supply the next day
20210304_211809.jpg

Latest posts