• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ranger turf delete

Rockwells607

I'm buying a ranger that works fine 2013 but keep hearing all the bad about turf mode , my brothers 10' model is banging already . I'd like to figure them out and the delete for them . Can they be welded like spider gears ? I see a
Spook available for them .

Re:

I've read of it blowing up in some but don't know anyone personally that's ever had any problems. How many hours/miles on the 13 you are buying? I never used turf mode in mine, always just left it in either 2wd or 4wd. Not 100% sure how it works, but my thinking was that it can't fawk up turf mode if its never switched to it? Could be wrong there. I'd think if it works fine now, just run it in 2wd or 4wd and don't worry about it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re:

I don't think I would worry too much about it. That's pretty low hours for a 5ish year old machine. Other than the turf mode problem, they are pretty solid machines. You'll probably be alright with that one, buy it and rock out.

My brothers 800 is probably a 12 model and spent it's whole life in turf mode I think. Turf mode is one wheel peel right? He has no issues and his is primarily rode on back roads and streets, only problem he has had was the oil pressure check valve seizing and blowing the oil passed the oil filter gasket. Guess it's a common problem on those years. Cost him about 500 bucks at a Polaris dealer to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a 14 model 900 Ranger with 1500 miles and stays in Turf mode unless it spins out and then I put it in 2wd or 4wd and I have never had an issue. To say just run it in AWD all the time is just silly IMO that puts more stress on practically everything. But then again JD knows more about most of anything than anyone else does molaugh

Re: Re: Ranger turf delete

B.DRAKE said:
I have a 14 model 900 Ranger with 1500 miles and stays in Turf mode unless it spins out and then I put it in 2wd or 4wd and I have never had an issue. To say just run it in AWD all the time is just silly IMO that puts more stress on practically everything. But then again JD knows more about most of anything than anyone else does molaugh

Class act. I know reading is hard, but I didn't say to leave it in awd all the time, I said that I just ran mine in [2wd or 4wd] most the time instead of turf mode. 2wd off the trails, 4wd on the trails. Although mine certainly stayed in 4wd more than it did 2wd, because I pretty much only used it to go wheeling.

Re: Re: Ranger turf delete

TacomaJD said:
Class act. I know reading is hard, but I didn't say to leave it in awd all the time, I said that I just ran mine in [2wd or 4wd] most the time instead of turf mode. 2wd off the trails, 4wd on the trails. Although mine certainly stayed in 4wd more than it did 2wd, because I pretty much only used it to go wheeling.

Don't you have some kind of Honda Davidson forum to post whore on?

::) getting back to OP I wouldn't let turf mode scare you away from one, but on another hand if it does you can put the spool in it and forget about it. Just don't plan on driving it through the yard or anything without it ripping grass up :****: I drive mine around the pasture and just about anywhere in turf mode until I need more traction, and haven't had the slightest issue and I'm running 31" Light Truck tires

Re: Re: Re: Ranger turf delete

B.DRAKE said:
Don't you have some kind of Honda Davidson forum to post whore on?

::) getting back to OP

Ever thought about minding your own fawkin business? You could have simply posted your own thoughts/experience, but couldn't do so without smartin' me up while in the process...

Re: Re: Re: Ranger turf delete

TacomaJD said:
Ever thought about minding your own fawkin business?

I'd love to and normally do but......Someone else may need to take some of their own advice :****:

I have a 16 with like 600 miles and I use turf mode around the house and haven't had any problems but I've heard people talk about it online. They say bolts back out, get caught in the gears and trash the housing. Most people that I seen complaining about it we're bitching that Polaris wouldn't take care of them because they had a lift and tires so I think that might have something to do with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

onepieceatatime said:
I have a 16 with like 600 miles and I use turf mode around the house and haven't had any problems but I've heard people talk about it online. They say bolts back out, get caught in the gears and trash the housing. Most people that I seen complaining about it we're bitching that Polaris wouldn't take care of them because they had a lift and tires so I think that might have something to do with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That's right! Most I see that have had problems have huge lift and pretty much tractor tires on the unit.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ranger turf delete

B.DRAKE said:
I'd love to and normally do but......Someone else may need to take some of their own advice :****:
Yeah....because I posted in a Ranger thread and you have a hard-on for trying to prove me wrong. **** off.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ranger turf delete

TacomaJD said:
Yeah....because I posted in a Ranger thread and you have a hard-on for trying to prove me wrong. **** off.

Class Act....

Guys you need to go easy on Josh, he does not mean any harm. He has a lot of stuff going on right now between getting ready to build a shop,tending and looking at expanding his rental property portfolio, going to college, considering going to work at Komatsu in Chattanooga and taking pics of craft beer he is very stressed. So again I ask please keep that in mind before trolling him.

I like how I cant even comment in a ranger thread without you two ****wads talking ****. Bradley makes up some **** like I was telling Nate to leave his ranger in awd all the time. Even though I 100% did not say that, and now you two stupid ****s make a big deal out of it. Makes zero sense.

I'm all for friends ****ing with each other, but you two are just plainly talking **** with ill intent. Just know that I genuinely do not like either one of you, although at one time I did and considered you both friends. Ideally, we could act like grown ass men and stay out of each others' business, which is what I've been doing since the last time y'all started this ****, but obviously minding your own ****ing business is neither one of your strong suits.

TacomaJD said:
I like how I cant even comment in a ranger thread without you two ****wads talking ****. Bradley makes up some **** like I was telling Nate to leave his ranger in awd all the time. Even though I 100% did not say that, and now you two stupid ****s make a big deal out of it. Makes zero sense.

I'm all for friends ****ing with each other, but you two are just plainly talking **** with ill intent. Just know that I genuinely do not like either one of you, although at one time I did and considered you both friends. Ideally, we could act like grown ass men and stay out of each others' business, which is what I've been doing since the last time y'all started this ****, but obviously minding your own ****ing business is neither one of your strong suits.

I agree Josh, this forum should be your safe zone. I welcome you with open arms. Welcome home you are safe from anyones differing opinions or any members that may think you are a know it all. I do not condone their actions. I think it is terrible. If you want I can see about a group Skype together and we can all cry it out. I think that would be a fantastic idea. Maybe we could get Kel to lead the sobbing if that is alright with you of course? Maybe that would bring him back from being fatally butthurt. Be like 2 birds with one stone.

kmcminn said:
I agree Josh, this forum should be your safe zone. I welcome you with open arms. Welcome home you are safe from anyones differing opinions or any members that may think you are a know it all. I do not condone their actions. I think it is terrible. If you want I can see about a group Skype together and we can all cry it out. I think that would be a fantastic idea. Maybe we could get Kel to lead the sobbing if that is alright with you of course? Maybe that would bring him back from being fatally butthurt. Be like 2 birds with one stone.

You're a goddamned idiot.

Latest posts