• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RCV shaft removal

extremetownie

I need some advice on how to remove the broken shaft. It is the inner and i cant get the stub out to tap it out.
IMG_0219.JPG

I open the jaws of a vice enough for the stub to slide through but not the bell. Grab the stub with both hands and snatch as hard as you can from as far as you can and knock the bell off the stub. You can be pretty rough with them.

The 2 inners I have broken boogerd the star up and made it a bitch to get them apart but they splintered inside

I
I open the jaws of a vice enough for the stub to slide through but not the bell. Grab the stub with both hands and snatch as hard as you can from as far as you can and knock the bell off the stub. You can be pretty rough with them.
I will try that,if that want work i will attempt to weld something to it.

This is how i've gotten mine apart. OR pull down on it in the vice and have someone hit the bell with a hammer and a rod (i've used a extension before) and it will sometimes collapse the snap ring enough to start letting the stub slide out some. That's how i have to get mine apart in the knuckle. I'll pull the bell against it then have someone hit it and it works

I could not get it using the vise. I dont know what snap ring Greg is taking about.
It has a snap ring inside the bell like a front wheel drive cv axle where it goes in the trans. I think you would have to get the broken piece out and get it from the inside. The vice trick has worked on mine every time.

I bet the splines are twisted or the end of the shaft past the snap ring is messed up. It takes alotmore effort than you would want to put on something that expensive but it isnt terrible.

I could not get it using the vise. I dont know what snap ring Greg is taking about.

You got to hit it like you absolutely HATE it to get them to come out. They are squared snap rings and they are a mother ****er to get apart. You got to hit it with your big boy pants on.

Yeah you gotta show those axles who wrote the check for them. The first time I built mine I called back and asked if I ****ed it up beating on it would I have to pay full price for more! :****:

Latest posts