• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rear Engine Aetna Buggy

C

Cole

Rear engine buggy from aenta. The guy Jimmy who built Timmies Pink buggy and all of the other Aetna buggies built this Sick Rear Engine Buggy. I don't know anything about it, just found it while playing on Myspace.
Maybe Woodlee or Timmie can fill us in about it.
I really like it.

l_c217f0c70de22af664b650bda827722d.jpg

l_5cb74cf0f527ff95aaa8d1704c841c47.jpg

l_2429108bf82cd1ec38d55c4410e3279d.jpg

l_c9c0148b0728a5faf1a4e74edea6a755.jpg

l_a8dab968d41f9f4106c3601942c72a1a.jpg

i wonder how well the rear engine works that buggy looks long to me. Tc might have a run for his money in the wheelie contest

You'd have to miracle my ass in that thing. Holy crap thats small. Maybe removeable bars?
Cool none the less. I'm not sure how keen I'd be on a propane bottle between my legs wheeling though?

InDaShop said:
I'm not sure how keen I'd be on a propane bottle between my legs wheeling though?

I was thinking the same thing. But reality is if one went off, it probably would not matter where is was located in a 25 foot radius.

Speeding said:
Those aetna boys' chassis' are starting to look better and better. ;D

I agree Ricky.
Is that a 14 Bolt front axle? Sure looks like it to me.
Can't wait to see it on the trails.

Man that thing is sick , Id hate the pane myself but its certainly a cool idea !

( them boys needs helmets )

Bones said:
Those cut tires look angry.
l_2429108bf82cd1ec38d55c4410e3279d.jpg
Yeah, I was looking at that too. I don't think they would do very well where I wheel because the lack of surface area would reduce friction. However, it seems real popular with the Aetna crowd so maybe some kind of paddle tire variation works on those insane hill climbs?

The low roof does make me nervous. They need helmets.

Actually the way Jimmy builds his cages on all the other ones I have seen are safer than most. He lowers the outside bar down to protect the head but raises the middle with plenty of room. I have rode with Wes before and I thought the same thing until I actually sat and rode in it. They are some of the safest feeling buggies out there.

I love this thing. I don't know any details besides it has a 383 engine in it. I cant wait to see it in action. I have been back and forth a lot on building myself a rear engine buggy, but I was scared of how it would act up at Entea. Needless to say I will be watching how this thing does. I have mixed feelings that would take me all day to type here on why it will work and won't work good. It is like any thing else it will be bad ass some places and probably not in others.

Matt O. you may be hater of this thread.  :flipoff1: Cut boggers or not you don't have any thing for it molaugh

The cut puds on this rig actually look good from the side. The saving grace is that is has cut swamps in the front :flipoff1: That buggy is nicely done, not big on pane, especially not righ by my crotch, but I am sure those guys run the stuff for a reason

BamaTJ said:
The cut puds on this rig actually look good from the side. The saving grace is that is has cut swamps in the front :flipoff1: That buggy is nicely done, not big on pane, especially not righ by my crotch, but I am sure those guys run the stuff for a reason

Big HP motors are easier to setup on pane then FI tuning and flashing and yada yada yada... thumb.gif

BamaTJ said:
because you can run a race engine on 'pane. the octane factor is well into the triple digits. compression is power. also, there are not systems to fail. Okay, maybe 1, a hose.

Adam, on the cage. I fully agree on the side head protection. it keeps you melon from the ground. on the TJ I just did, I put the b pillar beside his head, as is heath's malvado. I like the thought of that safety feature. that being said, you are now not hitting your head on teh ground or a rock, you are hitting it on a tube. hence the need for a helmet. sometimes your 5 points aren't tight enough in a violent one, and sometimes you aren't wearing your shoulders because "this one isn't that bad" laughing1