• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rear engine buggy.... School me

loganwayne

Possibly found a rear engine roller but I'm kinda clueless on what I do and don't need and what are options for it. It's set up for a 4cyl now and I would go back with one

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pictures would answer so many more questions than I could even start with. 4 cylinder transaxle? What engine? What axles you heating to run? F&R steer?

Everything works the same except for the axles. They have to be flipped upside down. Well the center section or drop out does. The outer knuckles/C's remain right side up as normal. Or you can run portal outers and not flip the centers.
Engine, trans,t-case all work as normal.

Like Rusty said, other than getting the axles turning the right way not a whole lot is different. If it's a roller that should already be taken care of though. Post up some pictures so we can see what you've got.

Here's a link to my rear engine buggy build if you want to check it out. (It just so happens to be the longest on-going build in the history of mankind... laughing1)

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=23417.0

Re: Re: Rear engine buggy.... School me

hokie_yj said:
Like Rusty said, other than getting the axles turning the right way not a whole lot is different. If it's a roller that should already be taken care of though. Post up some pictures so we can see what you've got.

Here's a link to my rear engine buggy build if you want to check it out. (It just so happens to be the longest on-going build in the history of mankind... laughing1)

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=23417.0
I've fallowed your build on nc4x4 lol it's awesome

lowbudgetjunk said:
Pictures would answer so many more questions than I could even start with. 4 cylinder transaxle? What engine? What axles you heating to run? F&R steer?
It had a 2.0 Toyota? 60 front 10.25 rear looked like it had a regular trans and transfer case.
d93ad2e92414ae40d4d4c9f9ab4bb2aa.jpg
5a6527d37addc2d65fd1a132dcf76e41.jpg

I believe this was raced at some time? Think I found an old link on pirate with it for sale on pirate.

I'm interested in the chassis but I wanted to get some more information before I went and bought it and then try to figure it out after I have it

Re:

It's priced several different ways. So I was also thinking it would be pretty sweet with a Subaru boxer motor and some mini truck axles or fj80s

If Rockwell top loader axels are used do you have to do anything with the axels to run a rear engine set up?

twentyfootdaredevil said:
I've got one I'll sell you ready to run!
Probably can't afford it lol

Latest posts