• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rear mount radiator plumbing

hjpcummins

Looking for ideas on rear mount radiators. Iv seen the tube buggy run thru chassis but that won't be an options, just looking for general ideas and pics

BTW it will be an LS setup

Just run a rigid tube along frame rail. Get it close on either end then use hose

We picked up a couple sticks of exhaust tubing from muffler shop. Cheap and light. Could even have them bend it if you need that.

I bent up some 1.5" exhaust with a slight mix of factory hoses that I chose from behind the counter that I thought would work, and had to use a flex hose as well.

From the dead.....
When mounting rigid tube under a cab, are people welding it solid to the frame, or using some sort of muffler hanger to allow frame flex?

Aluminum is nice and light....but how you gonna fix a busted tube down at Harlan. Same goes for AN that big. Talking with Erik Miller, he said he at one time used conduit for tubing!

My Buggys old setup was some pretty heavy tube. I'll prolly use exhaust pipe and just weld it into the lower part of the chassis.

I use 3 full tubes of grey silicone and 4 or 5
C-clamps to hold it in place overnight while it dries.

Then I #flattenmybill #rainbows4life

LightBnDr said:
I use 3 full tubes of grey silicone and 4 or 5
C-clamps to hold it in place overnight while it dries.

Then I #flattenmybill #rainbows4life
I'm glad you chimed in. Next time you bring your buggy to the shop to have work done, ask them what they use. They seem to do good work.

Heres what I came up with on mine. 4-48" Gates 1.5" flex hose with 1.5" exhaust pipe. (going to use v band clamps)
7b63d7a10cf54e15d2d0203faac4d5a1.jpg

a8228121407e47b49a351c480bfe2635.jpg

473762970b95687a0cf78214d2902bc1.jpg

5bd082d64f7742560e053f691d4f89fc.jpg

Why are so many people against running coolant through the frame rails? They're already in place and if you use the uppers there's almost zero chance of smashing them open on a rock.

AdamF said:
Why are so many people against running coolant through the frame rails? They're already in place and if you use the uppers there's almost zero chance of smashing them open on a rock.
I would if I had a continuous rail to the back. I have very little room to play with.

Re:

I used aluminum tube I ran clamps and bent a fair to hold factory style hoses to conect everything

Latest posts