• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rear steer caster angle?

there not alot out there on caster alot or people say 0 but ive saw alot of comp buggy at weroc that the top (dont no if that + or -) r goin to the front and looked like just as much as the front is goin to the back dont no any degrees mayb 8 to 10 :spin:

well i set mine at zero , but me and my friend got to thinking about it and started asking around....someone at greyrock from a local 4x4 shop told him to set the back just like the front..not sure if they meant + or neg..would like to find out more on this before i weld it out!

I was taught to remember positive camber and positive caster are like the outhouse, their out back. Top of the wheel for camber (out) and top of the wheel for caster (back). Alot of caster on the front axle makes it steer easy going down the road but not turn to good in a parking lot. I don't know how this would effect a rear axle turning.

right or wrong i set mine up to as close to 6 or 7degrees i can.. sometimes you get close others you are almost flat. I have not seen a lot of difference in turning in any of the 6 or so rear steer buggys we have setup.. (it has been all over the spectrum) In my mind if it works to help keep the front returning to center and steering straight, why not work for the back.. Just my oppinion..