• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Red Krawlers

Money Mark

Gots me some 39.5 Red's. The guy that sold'em to me is from Utah. When I asked about tire pressure the psi of choice was 9-10psi. The side wall design was partially to blame(his opinion) and any lower runs the risk of loosing the un-bead locked side(inner).

Any one have the big Krawlers and have this problem, knows someone to have the problem? Maybe I should invest into some double bead locks.

I wonder if different terrain, like wheeling at Reiter, would have a different affect on the problem mentioned.

Just thinking aloud.

yes the krawlers are notorious for this. I got rid of my 37's because of it. I have heard of many, many others having the problems.

I think however that it might be contributed by the wheel width. I think a wider wheel would help (at least 10")

I am guessing wider.

My wheels are 17x8.5 and the 37x12.5 krawlers had no shot. The bead wouldnt come off the lip. It was the opposite as you would think.

Say I am on a hill and my rig is pulling the weight down hill and the tires are folding over... You would think it was the inner bead of the tires that are on the upside of the hill right? No its the downside because the side walls are folding over and pushing into the bead.

Lincolnlock has his IROKS doing the same thing and we think its the wheel width.

16.5 hummers........:cheer: :cheer:

I know.....no help.....
but I have seen many a crawler burp or totally lose inner beads at comps....

--B

9-10 seems to be the magic number. I tried airing them down at Moab this year and started losing an inner bead. Oh well, at 10psi gives me more ground clearence, and still hooks up better than any other tire I have ever ran. I also run the 39s.

4WS Samurai said:
Gots me some 39.5 Red's. The guy that sold'em to me is from Utah. When I asked about tire pressure the psi of choice was 9-10psi. The side wall design was partially to blame(his opinion) and any lower runs the risk of loosing the un-bead locked side(inner).

Any one have the big Krawlers and have this problem, knows someone to have the problem? Maybe I should invest into some double bead locks.

I wonder if different terrain, like wheeling at Reiter, would have a different affect on the problem mentioned.

Just thinking aloud.

WTF YA DOING WITH 40 INCH REDS ON 44's? You get some chromo shafts or something real fer yer rig??

Well I wasn't going to say anthing till I had it in my garage but I have a new buggy being shipped to me (minus the axles, steering, tires, wheels, shocks) It's an all toyota drivetrain in a 47" wide chassis, 17" kirkey's side by side. It'll have 4WS, 60's, double ended rams, 16" fox shocks, and of course the 39.5 Krawlers. Weight at about 2800lbs.

I am so fawk'n:cheer: I can barely keep my :kissmyass:

:clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

4WS Samurai said:
Well I wasn't going to say anthing till I had it in my garage but I have a new buggy being shipped to me (minus the axles, steering, tires, wheels, shocks) It's an all toyota drivetrain in a 47" wide chassis, 17" kirkey's side by side. It'll have 4WS, 60's, double ended rams, 16" fox shocks, and of course the 39.5 Krawlers. Weight at about 2800lbs.

I am so fawk'n:cheer: I can barely keep my :kissmyass:

:clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

Letting the cat out of the bag huh:clappy: hell ya get that together so we can go to the hammers and moab:cool:

Oh.....you think so do ya.:flipoff:

What weight is the rig 6psi works on? 39.5" or 37"? Assuming beadlocks, which brand? Info, PLEASE!