• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Red label air pressure?

Tlh89

Did some trading and ended up with a set of pretty worn BFG reds. They are mounted on some 17x7 steelies, non beadlock. I'm wondering what psi most are running in a light weight rig with reds? Currently 2 are at 7psi and 2 at 12psi, I'm assuming the previous owner ran the 12 psi in the front.

Here is my rig, don't have an actual weight but it shouldn't be very heavy.

I ran 8-10 psi when I had reds on my toyota truck and kept the same when I put them on my buggy. Never weighed the truck but buggy is about 3900 lbs

I'm guessing most of these pressures are with beadlocks? I'm just afraid to blow beads left and right not having beadlocks.

I was think I'd try 10 in the front and 8 in the rear

I think it will be pretty hard to blow a bead with a 13.50 tire squeezed on a 7' wheel. I've ran 36-38" tires tsl's on stock Toyota wheels at 5-7 with no issue

Rjhoward32006 said:
I think it will be pretty hard to blow a bead with a 13.50 tire squeezed on a 7' wheel. I've ran 36-38" tires tsl's on stock Toyota wheels at 5-7 with no issue

True

3150LBS buggy
8" wide wheel IIRC
107"WB
62" WMS
5 to 8 LBS rear and 7-9 Front is what I tried to run.
No water or anything either.

I was always careful and never did much high HP assaults.

ARe they 37's or 39's, and are you running Toyota mini truck axles? If so, be easy with that throttle foot! Them reds are axle killers, worn out or new. :****:

From looking at your rig (btw, it's pretty badass looking), I'd say you'd be good with 8-10 in the front and 5-8 in the rear. My truggy is fairly light, but probably heavier than yours. I **** you not, I can actually take the valve cores out of the stems and run no air at all with 39.5 radial Iroks on lightweight 17" Liquidmetal rims, no beadlocks. However, just for the sake of saving my wheels, I run 8 in the front and 5 in the rear. Even then, my tires barely fold over on the rocks.

TacomaJD said:
ARe they 37's or 39's, and are you running Toyota mini truck axles? If so, be easy with that throttle foot! Them reds are axle killers, worn out or new. :****:

39s and yes mini truck.. I have only broken one front ring and pinion on my old tires/wheels, 39.5 iroks on recentered h1s with rock rings(pictured). I don't have actual weights but i can tell you these reds on stock steelies are considerably lighter. Im hoping that will.

Tlh89 said:
39s and yes mini truck.. I have only broken one front ring and pinion on my old tires/wheels, 39.5 iroks on recentered h1s with rock rings(pictured). I don't have actual weights but i can tell you these reds on stock steelies are considerably lighter. Im hoping that will.

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Yer entering a whole new league, the stickiness outweighs rotational weight between those two by a looooong shot :****:

Zukimaster had yota running gear under his sami on 36" TSL's and beat the ever loving **** out of it, never broke much of anything. Put a set of 37 reds on it and broke no telling how many axles, gears, lockers, and tcase shafts. Probably 10-15 different times he broke on the trail bc of the added grip :****:

Be easy and you can make them last, but the grip of a red label is unforgiving!