• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Red label air pressure?

You probably won't have many problems out of the rear end but that low pinion front end is gonna cry a little bit between the 39's. What shafts you running?

TacomaJD said:
You probably won't have many problems out of the rear end but that low pinion front end is gonna cry a little bit between the 39's. What shafts you running?

They are the OG longs. Trail Gear drive flanges,so ring and pinion is my weak link.

The grip is gonna surprise you, they stick to everything. You can change your whole driving style around reds lol.

I went from a solid axle swapped Tacoma on 36" TSL's to a 84 Toyota pickup full crawler on 39 reds, absolutely night and day difference. No other tire for me than reds, far as I'm concerned lol. You'll love em, til you have to keep fixing broke **** lol. I was running FJ80 high pinion front axle with 30/30/30 spline RCV's and it held up well, but mini truck axles don't seem to do well with reds if you wheel hard at all. But this is how it works....you get reds and are amazed at the traction, then you break all your ****, then you spend a shitload chasing weak links and so on. Lol

TacomaJD said:
The grip is gonna surprise you, they stick to everything. You can change your whole driving style around reds lol.

I went from a solid axle swapped Tacoma on 36" TSL's to a 84 Toyota pickup full crawler on 39 reds, absolutely night and day difference. No other tire for me than reds, far as I'm concerned lol. You'll love em, til you have to keep fixing broke **** lol. I was running FJ80 high pinion front axle with 30/30/30 spline RCV's and it held up well, but mini truck axles don't seem to do well with reds if you wheel hard at all. But this is how it works....you get reds and are amazed at the traction, then you break all your ****, then you spend a shitload chasing weak links and so on. Lol

i keep hearing how good they are, trying them out this weekend. Thought about going to Chocco and straight to Boat Ramp lol

Tlh89 said:
i keep hearing how good they are, trying them out this weekend. Thought about going to Chocco and straight to Boat Ramp lol

Getcha about 8psi in em, and crawl it as slow as you can and it oughtta go right up it. What t case setup you running?

Re:

I run 8 in mine I'm 2700 pounds I could run less but don't Wana risk cutting a side wall

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Red label air pressure?

TacomaJD said:
Perfect, you should crawl it no problem then

Didn't get to go to Chocco, ended up going to Coppingers cove with a local jeep group. Wasn't much of anything to test the tires on where we went, but i did drive down in the big cave. I did get quite a few, "Bout time for some new tires isn't it?" Nah i actually just put those on!

Didn't know you weren't running beadlocks, i'd probably keep them at 10 if you do any hardcore stuff. Since the sidewalls flex so much, lower psi will make it fairly easy to lose a bead.

TacomaJD said:
Didn't know you weren't running beadlocks, i'd probably keep them at 10 if you do any hardcore stuff. Since the sidewalls flex so much, lower psi will make it fairly easy to lose a bead.

My rig is right a 4,000 lbs and it burps air badly at 8psi with no locks

Re: Re: Red label air pressure?

muddinmetal said:
My rig is right a 4,000 lbs and it burps air badly at 8psi with no locks
I wonder if the duct tape inside the rim trick would help ya out. I need to do that on my 43s.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

10 front 8 rear seemed to work well Saturday. Lots of trail/creek bed riding