• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Removing windshield glass.

Brian H

When i rolled my tacoma it smashed the windsheild. I got 90% of the glass out but where it is glued to the cab. What is the easiest way to get that off.?

try fishing line. take a small piece and make some kind of handle for each end.

razors, good ones. Dont heat it up it will just catch fire then you'll have a bigger mess. take a piece of galv pipe 1/2 in and put one end in a vise and clamp it down till its flat, put said razor blade in end it will sit at an angle but having the pipe at roughly 1ft or so will give you leverage to sucessfully cut out the butlle. Give me a callI can come buy a help you sunday.

razors, good ones. Dont heat it up it will just catch fire then you'll have a bigger mess. take a piece of galv pipe 1/2 in and put one end in a vise and clamp it down till its flat, put said razor blade in end it will sit at an angle but having the pipe at roughly 1ft or so will give you leverage to sucessfully cut out the butlle. Give me a callI can come buy a help you sunday.

Im trying to get it all cleaned up by thursday night so i can go put it on its lid again friday up at evens.:eeek:

An air knife makes quick work of it, if you want to borrow one let me know.
41XsHWgThVL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

napa has triple braided windshield cutting wire. clamp it between two visegrips and start sawing.

also if the glass is already broke/chipped out and just the edge is left, then sharpen up a wood chisel real good. With a file, not a grinder. Just start scrapin/peelin it off like a gasket scraper.

use a airchisel with a flat blade on it thats what i use when i do my cuts for qtr panels to clean the glass off of them before they ship out wirks awsome just make sure you dont ride on the part were the metal curves back up

Latest posts