• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rock and trail bouncer build advice

Dingdongdingding

Hi I'm wanting to build a rock bouncer but I'm new to vehicle fabrication and offroading. I plan on welding a mild steel frame together. I'm thinking an np435 for the trans. I've heard great about Rockwell 2.5s for axles so I'm considering using those since they're robust and fairly simple to maintain. I'm wanting to use a carburated engine to keep the build simple and so set up is a little faster and I can work on the engine itself being more simple. Im considering a carburated Chevy 350 small block v8. Not sure what 4x4 set up I want to use yet. I don't even know exactly how everything would mount yet as far as measurements go so that's hard to figure out what 4x4 set up would work for me. I'm wanting to mainly use this bouncer/buggy off-road not on anything too steep really but I would like it to at least be capable of a decent climb or some crawling. I would also however like it have the capability to be taken on road legally eventually so I don't have to haul it places. It would be nice if it would be capable of a top speed of 120 or over. Like I said I don't know if this combo of core parts would mesh well for this or if anyone has any other suggestions within that price range. 350 motor can be found used for 1k and under. 1k and under for used Rockwell axles. Under 800 for an np435 trans. Any advice or input would be appreciated thanks

Build it and they will cum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Panty Dropper is being dreamed up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This sounds like an unstoppable combo. I'd look into running Thornbirds. You'll thank me later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dingdongdingding said:
Hi I'm wanting to build a rock bouncer but I'm new to vehicle fabrication and offroading. I plan on welding a mild steel frame together. I'm thinking an np435 for the trans. I've heard great about Rockwell 2.5s for axles so I'm considering using those since they're robust and fairly simple to maintain. I'm wanting to use a carburated engine to keep the build simple and so set up is a little faster and I can work on the engine itself being more simple. Im considering a carburated Chevy 350 small block v8. Not sure what 4x4 set up I want to use yet. I don't even know exactly how everything would mount yet as far as measurements go so that's hard to figure out what 4x4 set up would work for me. I'm wanting to mainly use this bouncer/buggy off-road not on anything too steep really but I would like it to at least be capable of a decent climb or some crawling. I would also however like it have the capability to be taken on road legally eventually so I don't have to haul it places. It would be nice if it would be capable of a top speed of 120 or over. Like I said I don't know if this combo of core parts would mesh well for this or if anyone has any other suggestions within that price range. 350 motor can be found used for 1k and under. 1k and under for used Rockwell axles. Under 800 for an np435 trans. Any advice or input would be appreciated thanks

Please register in the Newbies section in the Hardline discussion area before posting in other threads.

ADMINISTRATOR

NP435 + rockwells (6.72) + 42" tires @ 120 mph = 6451 rpm at the flywheel.

Dingdongdingding said:

I have a similar set up in my uncles yota on 38s. It is a legend, it has never been stuck and even went though a pond. You gotta make sure you have double hump heads on your 350 and bore it .30 over. Keep us posted. Don't pay attention to hatters, their just jelly that there keyboard won't wheel half the places you will take you're buggy. The trick, even before you buy the first part is to name it...You should call it Pegasus or Qilin :driving:

Latest posts